PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How to Disable Background Titlebar Transparency in Compiz

Joseph Schwenker
September 9th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Hi everyone! I have decided to give compiz another shot, for now at least. :P However, I would like to disable the background windows' titlebar transparency. I cannot find an option in Compiz to do this, and would like to know how. Thanks in advance!

SoftwareExplorer
September 9th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Are you using emerald? Or you just are using compiz (that's most likely the case if you don't know)?

Joseph Schwenker
September 9th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Are you using emerald? Or you just are using compiz (that's most likely the case if you don't know)?

I'm using Compiz. I remember reading something another post about some setting in gconf or a terminal command that could disable the transparency. Thanks for the reply!

ninjapirate89
September 9th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Edit -> May my irrelevant comment be stricken from the record.

SoftwareExplorer
September 9th, 2009, 02:48 AM
I'm using Compiz. I remember reading something another post about some setting in gconf or a terminal command that could disable the transparency. Thanks for the reply!

Well, one option would be to use emerald because it lets you tweak those colors, so you could make them not transparent if you want. I don't know about the gconf, but maybe someone else will?

Josh D
April 6th, 2010, 01:52 AM
You need to adjust a setting in Metacity. See this blog post for instructions: http://subbass.blogspot.com/2009/08/adjust-titlebar-transparency-in.html

Press alt+F2 and in the run dialog enter:

gconf-editor

Navigate in the left hand tree to the branch /apps/gwd/

The two values we are interested in are :

metacity_theme_opacity which affects inactive window titlebars
metacity_theme_active_opacity which affects active windows

A setting of 1 will make the title-bars solid while 0.75 is the default at three quarters opacity.

asmoore82
April 6th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Thank you Josh!!

I did not know this at all, but taking Josh's input, the "one-shot" command
to turn off titlebar transparency would be:

gconftool-2 --set /apps/gwd/metacity_theme_opacity --type float 1

Joseph Schwenker
May 5th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Excellent! Thanks a bunch! I am forever indebted to you, Josh.