PDA

View Full Version : Xubuntu Menu Dragging and Making Launchers Easier

coldReactive
September 8th, 2009, 05:19 PM
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/21364/image/1/ (http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/21364/)

Basically, I want to make launchers easier to be made from main menu, etc.

clonne4crw
September 11th, 2009, 04:00 AM
What's funny is that you've been able to do that in Gnome from the start.

coldReactive
September 11th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah well, XFCE is supposed to be "Light."

clonne4crw
September 11th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Got my vote, even though I don't use XFCE very often. Seems weird that you can drag and drop shortcuts in windows 95 but not a modern desktop environment.

kerry_s
September 11th, 2009, 04:13 AM
you can drag & drop from the app finder program to create desktop icons.
on the panel you have to put a launcher, then you can drag & drop to the launcher properties window.

coldReactive
September 11th, 2009, 04:21 AM
you can drag & drop from the app finder program to create desktop icons.
on the panel you have to put a launcher, then you can drag & drop to the launcher properties window.

Not when the main menu/menu can't even drag an item to begin with.

kerry_s
September 11th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Not when the main menu/menu can't even drag an item to begin with.

accessories-> app finder
it's so simple, you don't need to drag from the menu, there's a program that provides that & unlike the menu you don't have to keep opening it to drag stuff.

coldReactive
September 11th, 2009, 06:13 AM
accessories-> app finder
it's so simple, you don't need to drag from the menu, there's a program that provides that & unlike the menu you don't have to keep opening it to drag stuff.

It would be simpler for those who are migrating from Ubuntu to Xubuntu though.

kerry_s
September 11th, 2009, 06:39 AM

why, cause you don't want to learn?
xfce4 is not gnome, it's different yes, has it's own way of doing things, sure they could probably do the drag-able menus, why not just throw simplicity out the door, sacrifice a little speed, why not, things are getting bloated already, whats a little more. :lolflag:

but seriously they have a program, where you can drag & drop all you want, doesn't interfere with the menu just being a menu. if you want you can even drag from /usr/share/applications, not like you need to but you can.

simonn
September 11th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Why migrate to XFCE if you want gnome's features?

Stewart09
March 25th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Didnt know that you can drag and drop once you searched with the aplication manager THANKS!

It might take me time to learn the differences but wow I have a faster old laptov than I could Imagine