PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to connect to the internet.

subhas123
September 8th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I have installed Ubuntu 9.04 in my system. The installation is successfully completed. But I am unable to connect to the internet. Please let me know the procedure about how to connect to the internet.

Thanks
Subhas.

-Robert-
September 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Did you read this documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/internet/C/index.html
Hopefully you can find the solution there.

tommcd
September 9th, 2009, 07:59 AM
But I am unable to connect to the internet. Please let me know the procedure about how to connect to the internet.

You will have to give us more information. Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection? If it is wired, is it DSL, cable, dialup, or something else?
If it is wireless, tell us the name of the wireless card you are using and what wireless chip it uses. Also, if wireless, are you using encryption? If so, is it WEP or WPA encryption?
Open a terminal (applications > accessories > terminal) and post the output of these commands:

lspci
and

lsmod
The first will tell us about your hardware. The second will list the modules you have running.
Telling us how you connect to the internet and the output of those 2 commands will help us be able to help you to get online.

And welcome to the Ubuntu forums!