PDA

View Full Version : My Life Is Nerdy

sdlynx
September 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Hey,

Me and my friend just made a web site that is just like MLIA (mylifeisaverage.com), but for the more nerdy MLIA's. Check it out: MLIN (http://sd-lynx.co.cc/MLIN/)

Comments?

misfitpierce
September 7th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Very simple but INTENSE color scheme going on, on that website lol. Why the choice of super bright blue on black?

Hosmion
September 7th, 2009, 11:57 PM
It looks like a blog.. Is that what it is?

matthewbpt
September 8th, 2009, 12:04 AM
It's like fmylife.com but for nerds! =D I just submitted something but I can't see it... do they go up immediately?

Vaeil
September 8th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Very simple but INTENSE color scheme going on, on that website lol. Why the choice of super bright blue on black?

I'm with this guy.

It could do with a little bit less... intense is a good word... style.

Because, with all due respect, I can't really say it looks like a site I'd like to spend more time on then it takes me to close the tab.

pwnst*r
September 8th, 2009, 12:38 AM
i agree with misfit. that color scheme is overbearing, and my monitor is calibrated once a month.

JDShu
September 8th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I agree with the people above. Try looking into some color theory, there should be a lot of references online.

RabbitWho
September 8th, 2009, 02:16 AM
At least with colours like that you know no one will copy you... i like it!

sdlynx
September 8th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I noticed it too when I looked at the site from a desktop. My laptop's monitor decides to tone it down a notch, so it looked alright to me lol. I'll probably change the scheme a bit in this case. My laptop's screen is tilted so that the colors look a slight bit darker, so that's probably what I'll change the colors to.

It's like fmylife.com but for nerds! =D I just submitted something but I can't see it... do they go up immediately?
Exactly =D. You're post goes into the submissions category until people vote it up 15 times, and then it gets posted on the frontpage.

At least with colours like that you know no one will copy you... i like it!
Thanks!! lol also true.

pwnst*r
September 8th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Exactly =D. You're post goes into the submissions category until people vote it up 15 times, and then it gets posted on the frontpage.

isn't that a bit high for a brand new site with few users?

Frenchie4111
September 8th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Mhmm, I am the friend who created this site with him and i have been telling him the colors don't work from the start. Haha

sdlynx
September 8th, 2009, 03:49 AM
isn't that a bit high for a brand new site with few users?

Eh, MLIA uses 270 or so, I guess we could make it 5 or something... But I think I'll wait to see if its working out badly.

Frenchie4111
September 8th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Eh, MLIA uses 270 or so, I guess we could make it 5 or something... But I think I'll wait to see if its working out badly.

Yeah 15 is working fine right now

sdlynx
September 8th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Yeah 15 is working fine right now

Then again people vote like 5 times haha but it works so whatever.

MikeTheC
September 8th, 2009, 04:20 AM
"Me and my friends"?

Anyhow, now my eyes feel black and blue all over.

geekygirl
September 8th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Is this a new Twitter format?

Kingsley
September 8th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Hey,

Me and my friend just made a web site that is just like MLIA (mylifeisaverage.com), but for the more nerdy MLIA's. Check it out: MLIN (http://sd-lynx.co.cc/MLIN/)

Comments?
I almost misread that as you saying that you and your friend created MLIA. It'd be awesome if you actually did. IMO MLIA > FML.

sdlynx
September 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I almost misread that as you saying that you and your friend created MLIA. It'd be awesome if you actually did. IMO MLIA > FML.

haha I agree

@geekygirl - not really, its like MLIA and FML, but anonymous

MarcusW
September 8th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Too blue, but seems alright. :)

magmon
September 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Too blue, but seems alright. :)

I like the blue lol.

sdlynx
September 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I like the blue lol.

=] haha apparently its quite a bold statement.

Frenchie4111
September 9th, 2009, 08:36 PM
We now have a Vote going on between the style now and a new sample style

NOTE: Do Not View Sample in IE.