PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer Aspire One w. Ubutnu 9.04

LoopyWolf
September 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I recently reinstalled my Acer Aspire One from Win XP to Ubuntu 9.04 (not network remix) and it works very well for what I need (web/messaging) but there are a couple of things that seem odd, and I was wondering if anybody had found an answer:

Major Issues:

1. The unit doesn't seem to actually sleep when I close the lid. The screen turns off, and when I press a key/sweep mouse it pops back up, but it isn't the same as hibernate.

2. The mouse often reacts when I am typing, and moves me to another field. Is there a program anywhere that disables mouse input while the user is typing, like on an apple?

Minor:

3. The wireless light does not come on to indicate wireless activity
4. The power light shows orange (sleep) rather than green when the unit is turned on

running_rabbit07
September 8th, 2009, 05:07 AM
I recently reinstalled my Acer Aspire One from Win XP to Ubuntu 9.04 (not network remix) and it works very well for what I need (web/messaging) but there are a couple of things that seem odd, and I was wondering if anybody had found an answer:

Major Issues:

1. The unit doesn't seem to actually sleep when I close the lid. The screen turns off, and when I press a key/sweep mouse it pops back up, but it isn't the same as hibernate.

Your system is going into standby instead of Hibernate.

2. The mouse often reacts when I am typing, and moves me to another field. Is there a program anywhere that disables mouse input while the user is typing, like on an apple?

If you search "touchpad problems Ubuntu (http://www.google.com/search?q=touchpad+problems+Ubuntu&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)" on google, you should find some fixes.

You may find some fixes doing the same searches for your minor issues also. If not then do feel free to ask.

Minor:

3. The wireless light does not come on to indicate wireless activity
4. The power light shows orange (sleep) rather than green when the unit is turned on