PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cd integrity check error

EnergyEruption
September 7th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone,

I am new here, as I just installed Jaunty Jackalope a couple of days ago (first ever experience with Linux). I am amazed and the speed, stability and ease of use of this OS. It feels light years ahead of windows!

The problem I have is this: I downloaded the ISO image of Jaunty from the Ubuntu website. I read the instructions and ran the md5sum check up thingy and everything went smoothly i.e. the md5sums were the same. I burned the ISO image onto a cd and rebooted the PC with the new cd in it. However when I ran the cdintegritycheck, it reported 1 error! Having ran out of empty cds I decided to install Jaunty anyway (full normal install, without windows) The OS seems to be running normally.

Should it be a cause for concern that I installed Jaunty using a cd that reported 1 error?

Thanks in advance for your help guys, I am glad to be part of this community!

Alex

Pumalite
September 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Download ImgBurn:
http://www.imgburn.com/
Install it
Go to Mode>ISO>Burn
Choose 4x or less for burn
Burn a new CD
Do not use CD-RW
Download a new ISO if you have to

EnergyEruption
September 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hmm yeah you're probably right Pumalite. Someone actually mentioned to me that if you burn a Linux ISO too fast, then it could create errors,but I never seriously thought about it. The file itself should be fine, since the md5sum check was successful. Thanks for the help!

Alex