PDA

View Full Version : Isolating a python environment

hecato
September 7th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hi there, like you know ubuntu 9.04 come with python2.6 by default, I want to develop a gae app but I think they use python2.5 because running under 2.6 show that they use some deprecated things (hash?).

So Im trying to use app-engine-patch, but it doesnt work and the guy there, say that is because I have 2 python variants, so for isolate python2.5 I have done the next.

virtualenv -p python2.5 p25
source p25/bin/activateand it prints something like

(p25)tyoc@tyoc-laptop:If you want to see the full description http://code.google.com/p/app-engine-patch/issues/detail?id=214

But running again ./manage.py runserver show this

ERROR:root:Exception encountered handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 2725, in _HandleRequest
base_env_dict=env_dict)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 381, in Dispatch
base_env_dict=base_env_dict)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 2012, in Dispatch
self._module_dict)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 1930, in ExecuteCGI
reset_modules = exec_script(handler_path, cgi_path, hook)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 1826, in ExecuteOrImportScript
exec module_code in script_module.__dict__
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/appenginepatch/main.py", line 15, in <module>
from appenginepatcher.patch import patch_all, setup_logging
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 996, in decorate
return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 1586, in load_module
return self.FindAndLoadModule(submodule, fullname, search_path)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 996, in decorate
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 1494, in FindAndLoadModule
description)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/.google_appengine/google/appengine/tools/dev_appserver.py", line 1444, in LoadModuleRestricted
description)
File ".../appenginepatch-sample/common/appenginepatch/appenginepatcher/patch.py", line 7, in <module>
from google.appengine.ext import db
ImportError: No module named ext
INFO:root:"GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -

By the way /bin/env python launch me to python2.5 and also from an interactive shell when active I can do

Without problems... I will give it a shoot later today, so waiting for your tips.

kinggill
September 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM
hey frd can you help me????i have installed ubuntu but when i restart my pc it says boot failure..plzzzz help me my email adress is mostwantedgill@gmail.com.......

wmcbrine
September 7th, 2009, 05:32 PM
I think Holger's advice in that thread is nonsense. AFAICT, Ubuntu isolates multiple installations of Python perfectly well, without any need to resort to additional measures. But I'm not really familiar with app-engine-patch.

hecato
September 7th, 2009, 06:17 PM
That is what I thinked, thought what make me "doubt" is the line that he write "And obviously your try to 'call python2.5' doesn't work as intended." I dont see how that statment can sustain itself.

So I ask someone to try the app... download * http://app-engine-patch.googlecode.com/files/app-engine-patch-1.1RC.zip
* http://googleappengine.googlecode.com/files/google_appengine_1.2.0.zip

Then unzip them
move google_appengine to app-engine-patch/common/.google_appengine
Inside app-engine-patch run $ ./manage.py runserver
if it run, click the reset or create admin.

By the way, I ask also here, because I think people here are not in the mod of "obviously". Also dont know, but if... he is the mantainer?? and dont wanting to see if this problem can be replicated... thus I'm out of look.

I will give an extra level of isolation...but later :)... in about 2 hours or so. I think if I can isolate the escenario enought he will not have sustain in said that my problem is because I have 2 pythons...

Druke
September 11th, 2009, 06:12 AM
I do GAE work quite a bit using eclipse's pydev, using it's project manager it's easy to set which version of python you want to use for running everything...

and by hand iirc "python2.5 ./manage.py runserver" worked just fine.

Cerin
April 20th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I do GAE work quite a bit using eclipse's pydev, using it's project manager it's easy to set which version of python you want to use for running everything...

and by hand iirc "python2.5 ./manage.py runserver" worked just fine.

Define "worked". Running that command doesn't immediately give me an error, but when I try and visit any page in the aep sample site, I get the error:

ImportError: No module named ext

Has no one figured this out?