PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hauppauge 1600 drivers please

ubdoobdu
September 7th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Sorry if posting this same question in more than one thread is against the rules, but I really do not know where to post it.

I tried following some threads about my problem but I am not seeing the one I need. I installed 9.04 on a PC which was running Win7. I was able to use my Hauppauge 1600 on Win7 to view and record HD programs(but not every time).

How exactly do I install drivers for the card that's already installed? Where do I go? Under Applications? System? I don't see it. If I am in the wrong place please let me know.

Thank you

oldos2er
September 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
It should "just work." Have you checked to see if it's recognized (run lspci in a terminal) ?

More info: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HVR-1600

ubdoobdu
September 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the info on the terminal command. This is what I found:

03:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23418 Single-Chip MPEG-2 Encoder with Integrated Analog Video/Broadcast Audio Decoder

So it appears to be ready to use. But I do not see anything under application, places or system that will allow me to start the application.

Also, thanks for the link to mythtv. I'll see what they have to say. Your help is appreciated. :)

oldos2er
September 8th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Not sure which application you're looking for. There are a few tv apps in the repositories you could try; namely xawtv and tvtime. Mythtv can be complicated to setup, and may be overkill if you just want to watch tv.