PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Google Chrome

Tumpster
September 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM
So I really love Google Chrome and am running the dev-build of it. I understand it's still in the very early stages but I still feels it's a more complete product for what I do on the web than Firefox. My only question is this, when I open Chrome it has my home page tab and the dev-build tab open that explains what chrome is and all that. Is there any way to set Chrome so it just starts with one open window/tab? Having more than one when I'm only using a tab is a bit annoying having to close the extra one every time. Thanks everyone!

dearingj
September 7th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I don't think there is any way yet, sorry. The same goes for Chromium, which as far as I can tell is identical to Chrome.

Stereotypical Rage
September 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
There is a way to do it in Chromimum and it's been in there since at least V2.

"Tools" ---> Options and it's right on the main page.

dearingj
September 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
There is a way to do it in Chromimum and it's been in there since at least V2.

"Tools" ---> Options and it's right on the main page.

Just tried that. It allows you to set your home page, which opens in one of the two tabs. Where is the setting to prevent the "dev build" tab from opening?

konqueror7
September 7th, 2009, 03:05 PM
i believe there is no such settings available. the dev/version tab warning is just serving its purpose until chrome/chromium is fully stable.

Ekeluo
September 7th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It's a big warning to remind you every time that Chrome is still in alpha state. It's probably going to be quite tricky to remove. I've seen no obvious/semi-obvious way to do it.

dearingj
September 7th, 2009, 03:13 PM
i believe there is no such settings available. the dev/version tab warning is just serving its purpose until chrome/chromium is fully stable.

Exactly :)

Tumpster
September 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Exactly :)

Yeah, I thought as much, oh well, it's an acceptable grief as I understand we're working with alpha programs. Still a sweet piece of software though!

Stereotypical Rage
September 9th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Strange. I don't get that tab every time I start it.

alejaaandro
September 9th, 2009, 02:24 AM
the tab is there for me too.. doubt it'll go away.

but i agree, i don't mind it, since, besides that, chrome is great (even in alpha state).. i use it for normal browsing except for flash content cause it doesn't have a flashblock plugin and it hogs my cpu if i go to sites with flash adds etc..