View Full Version : [ubuntu] YouTube no longer plays after upgrade to firefox 3.5
September 7th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I recently upgraded to ff 3.5 and now I am required to download the latest flash-player. Of course, when I do, I cannot install, because I am using a 64 bit system. My 32 bit system was easy to fix. I just down loaded the i386 architecture.
Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy fix?
September 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
here is the flash for amd_64 (64 bit) :
1. Download the plugin (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html) to begin installation. A dialog box will appear asking you where to save the file.
2. Save the .tar.gz file to your desktop and wait for the file to download completely.
3. Quit your browser.
4. Remove all existing Adobe Flash Player installations from the system.
5. Unpackage the file. A directory with contains libflashplayer.so will be created.
6. Copy libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins. Create the 'plugins' folder if it does not exist yet.
7. Launch your brower. To verify installation in Firefox choose Help > About Plug-ins from the browser menu.
September 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks, I'll give this a try. I am slightly overwhelmed by the whole tar.gz thing and making sure everything else is in place. I am backed up though.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.