PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu preinstalled PCs reach german drugstores

phen
September 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Ubuntu preinstalled PCs reach german drugstores:

(link in german language)

http://www.rossmann.de/produkte/technik-und-multimedia/-pc-ubuntu-203562.html

does anybody have experiences with the system?

cheers

longtom
September 7th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Quick translation:

PC Ubuntu

incl operation system Ubuntu, Open Office and 20 Games, Intel Dual Core E5200 (2,5 GHz), 2 GB Ram, 320 GB HD, Intel Grafik 3100 24 months Pick up & Return Service

Ready to go, completely configured and all extras installed. The OS will be included on a 2GB memory stick.

All included:
Spreadsheet
Word processing
Presentation
Photo editing
Drawing programm
E-mail & calender
Firefox browser
DVD-Writing software
DVD Software
20 Games
and lots more...

MikeTheC
September 7th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Wow, computers being sold in drug stores. That's pretty nuts in itself, I think. But then again they sell everything else, so why not computers?

That's cool, though. I'm really glad to hear there's more points of entry out there for people to get into Linux and out of Microsoft's clutches.

Kingsley
September 7th, 2009, 05:29 PM
They spelled Sudoku wrong.

longtom
September 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM
They spelled Sudoku wrong.

Yeah - this is quite relevant. Now they'll probably won't sell one of these boxes....

Screwdriver0815
September 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah - this is quite relevant. Now they'll probably won't sell one of these boxes....

yeah, because its Germany and there everything has to be in order ;) :D

I have never seen these computers. Maybe they are only available for online orders.

I don't think that they are a high quality product.

Exodist
September 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
yeah, because its Germany and there everything has to be in order ;) :D

I have never seen these computers. Maybe they are only available for online orders.

I don't think that they are a high quality product.

Other then the Intel Graphics the specs dont look to bad. Dont know about the construction tho. Might be a good buy tho.. :guitar:

longtom
September 8th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Other then the Intel Graphics the specs dont look to bad. Dont know about the construction tho. Might be a good buy tho.. :guitar:

You are not going to get this kind of setup for that price in South Africa (apart from the fact that you won't get Linux pre-installed here anyway).

Exodist
September 8th, 2009, 09:34 AM
You are not going to get this kind of setup for that price in South Africa (apart from the fact that you won't get Linux pre-installed here anyway).
Never been to South Africa. :-)

longtom
September 8th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Never been to South Africa. :-)

You're missing out....:)

Exodist
September 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
You're missing out....:)
Shame I will prob never see it now. I used to be in the Navy and have seen many places. But now I am out, married and trying to adjust to so called normal life.

longtom
September 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Shame I will prob never see it now. I used to be in the Navy and have seen many places. But now I am out, married and trying to adjust to so called normal life.

Never is a long time.... let me know when that expires, we have a pint together.

Exodist
September 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Never is a long time.... let me know when that expires, we have a pint together.

Indeed :)