PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu in Danish school

cmay
September 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I am very exited about this. It is the first time in Denmark there as been a course in ubuntu so this is really something news. I am aware that not many of you understand the language but in case you are from Denmark and did not see it yet i posted the link .
http://www.fo-aarhus.dk/?gclid=CLKAwpOR3ZwCFQJgZwodhl8IKw

madjr
September 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM
awesome

Sealbhach
September 6th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Hey, this is great! Is this a secondary school?

Bölvağur
September 6th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hey, this is great! Is this a secondary school?

umm.. in the higly unlikely act of being able to browse the website you'd have seen that would be highly unlikely. For advanced class these are 13 lectures all of which start at 18:45 and end at 21:30.
The course will cost you 1.645 Danish kroner (dunno how you write it :( perhaps I should just write kr.)

For the beginners lectures it's a bit sooner 15:00 → 17:50 and costs 1.645 dkr (notice how I didnt make same mistake again without correcting the first one)

chriskin
September 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
computer classes at my school were done on edubuntu based computers

don't know if that's as awesome though :P

cmay
September 7th, 2009, 12:07 AM
It is really awesome because there is signs that people has become aware of ubuntu and everywhere there is a mention of linux it is always ubuntu that is the distribution used for making how to guides and such.

as example i stream television from the one Danish tv channel i that i can and they also use ubuntu for their guides to how to make it work wiht getting the right codecs installed.

on some level ubuntu is winning into peoples consiuos as the Free alternative that is easy to begin wiht using and i think its great.

i did not see how much it cost to take the course and i wont be needing one but i live close enough for it to be possible if i really wanted to. I am exited as of what happens with linux /ubuntu in the future here in Denmark.

BuffaloX
September 7th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I am very exited about this. It is the first time in Denmark there as been a course in ubuntu so this is really something news. I am aware that not many of you understand the language but in case you are from Denmark and did not see it yet i posted the link .
http://www.fo-aarhus.dk/?gclid=CLKAwpOR3ZwCFQJgZwodhl8IKw

Hey this is really cool, but if they need to go to classes to learn Ubuntu, wouldn't they need help installing Ubuntu on their computer first?
Might be a bit of a hurdle, unless they all use laptops, and install in class.

I would love to know the teachers experience with this.

cmay
September 7th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Hey this is really cool, but if they need to go to classes to learn Ubuntu, wouldn't they need help installing Ubuntu on their computer first?
Might be a bit of a hurdle, unless they all use laptops, and install in class.

I would love to know the teachers experience with this.

I am not sure if it is the exact same person but I think it is http://martinpihl.dk/words/genbrug-gamle-pcer-i-afrika that is the teacher of this course.