PDA

View Full Version : A small issue:

Wallakoala
February 5th, 2006, 03:09 PM
I am having slight firefox issues, but I decided not to post it in the support forum because it doesn't really pertain to ubuntu. Since about the time I downloaded the newest firefox (1.5.0.1) I have had trouble seeing text inside the code brackets on the ubuntu forums. For example,
This text I cannot see the above text in firefox, but I know it is there because if I copy it and paste it somewhere else it shows up. I can see it in epiphany. It is also strange because epiphany uses the fonts I set for the system, and so does firefox 1.0.0.7 (I think thats the version), but firefox 1.5.0.1 does not. If anyone can help me resolve this annoying issue, it would be great.

Thanks

jeremy
February 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM
I am using firefox 1.5.0.1 and can see the text fine, have you tried changing the fonts you set?

Cap'n Refsmmat
February 5th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Are you by any chance using a Cairo build and not the main build?

The Cairo builds have problems with some monospaced fonts.

Wallakoala
February 5th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Are you by any chance using a Cairo build and not the main build?

The Cairo builds have problems with some monospaced fonts.

I'm using whatever build downloads with the firefox updater...

Wallakoala
February 5th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Alright, I just fixed it. What I did was go into the font options and changed the monospace font to something else.

If anyone ever has this problem, I don't want them to have to go through what I went through (reinstalling firefox...etc.)