PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution is re-downloading messages again!

osterchrisi
September 6th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Hey there,

I have a very annoying problem with my evolution in Ubuntu 9.04. Every few weeks/2 - 3 months the program is downloading all the messages from that time again and marking them as unread. This seems to happen at random times although it now occurs with annoying continuity.

That means that every few weeks I have to clean up about 300 - 400 messages by hand by deciding which emails have been marked unread before and which maybe just after Evolution downloaded them again. This problem did never occur before I used Ubuntu/Evolution so I think it's generically an Evolution problem...

Is this a common bug? Is there any solution to it?

stinger30au
September 6th, 2009, 12:01 PM
how can it redownload the messages???

i have been using evolution for over a year now and never had this issue

i would check and make sure that evolution is set to download the files and delete them from the server once downloaded to evolution

osterchrisi
September 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
how can it redownload the messages???
That's what I want to find out too ;)

i have been using evolution for over a year now and never had this issue
Lucky you!

i would check and make sure that evolution is set to download the files and delete them from the server once downloaded to evolution
Actually this might be the source of the problem. But in fact I need Evolution to let the files stay on the server because I travel quite a lot and I don't have a laptop, so that's the only way to access all my emails when I'm not at home...

But like you I fear that's the problem...