PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing from live CD

Arconius
September 6th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Hello all

I have made a live CD wiht UNetbootin on to a flash drive. If I install with that flash drive is that a full version? Or is there more I have to install once it is up?

stlsaint
September 6th, 2009, 12:33 AM
if depends what version you put on the flash drive.
if you put a minimal install than you will have more to add based off of what you want in your system.

Arconius
September 6th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hello stlsaint

I downloaded 9.04 and used UNetbootin to make the flash. So I can just download the other addons. I just would not like to be limited because I used the live CD on the install.

fela
September 6th, 2009, 12:50 AM
There's no limitation, even if you install a completely basic system without even a desktop environment, you can always install whatever you want later when the base system is installed. Think of it as a barrel of liquid rather than a lego tower: you can always add more liquid if you don't put enough in to start with, and you can take some out if you want.

Arconius
September 6th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Thank you fela
Thank you stlsaint

Off to install

stlsaint
September 6th, 2009, 01:36 AM
if your using 9.04 than you will get everything that comes with a livecd install.

fela
September 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Also, make sure to get it from the actual ubuntu website. I saw another thread not so long ago where someone got a fake Ubuntu iso from a different website (I think he thought you had to pay for it; he kept calling his version the 'trial version').