PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Volume Popup

Dumbestcrayon
September 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Is there a way to disable the volume animation from popping up in 9.04?

I have a volume bar on my Toshiba laptop and I bump it once in a while and I hate that the volume bar shows up at random times.

coldReactive
September 5th, 2009, 11:46 PM
To disable those annoying libnotify popups:

sudo mv /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service.disabled

To re-enable:

sudo mv /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service.disabled /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service

Need to restart X after you disable/enable. Also, this disables all of the libnotify popups (IE: Internet connection, etc.)

Found here (http://enli.co.cc/ubuntu/how-to-get-rid-of-annoyances-of-ubuntu-9-04-jaunty-jackalope/)

Dumbestcrayon
September 5th, 2009, 11:49 PM
To disable those annoying libnotify popups:

sudo mv /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service.disabled

To re-enable:

sudo mv /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service.disabled /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service

Need to restart X after you disable/enable. Also, this disables all of the libnotify popups (IE: Internet connection, etc.)

Found here (http://enli.co.cc/ubuntu/how-to-get-rid-of-annoyances-of-ubuntu-9-04-jaunty-jackalope/)

Thank you very much. Do you know if there is a way to disable only the volume indicator?

coldReactive
September 5th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't know, since I don't mind the popups (except when pidgin integrates with it.)

Dumbestcrayon
September 6th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't know, since I don't mind the popups (except when pidgin integrates with it.)

Yeah I like them but I just get tired of the volume one popping up when I bump my volume knob on my computer. lol