PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "Way or surfing" make-over help :)

Djiefo
September 5th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Hi,

I'm a new Ubuntu 9.04 user and i have some trouble to use youtube. I installed (i think i did it lol) the new Adobe player ubuntu 8.04+ Software but it doesnt work :confused:

Figuring that i'm totally noob with Linux, could you tell me clearly how to proceed?

Thank you very much for your help :P

(oh humm btw i'm on the try version, if I am able to do everything I need from a computer, I will install the full version by formatting windows:twisted: windows sux, too much bugs and everything... I need challenge :)

Djiefo

starcraft.man
September 5th, 2009, 11:03 PM
How did you install flash before? I'd recommend ya uninstall it by same means before proceeding, though sounds like it didn't install properly, probably wouldn't be a bother.

The preferred means is to use the installer from the repositories. See install guide in sig for a detailed explanation. To easily install flash, open a terminal (applications > accessories > terminal) and type in and return:

sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer

Also, you might want to install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package. For a better understanding, and a GUI means, please see sig like said.

Djiefo
September 5th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Ur the king!

It works perfectly :)
I think some more question incoming... hehe

Djiefo

starcraft.man
September 5th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Ur the king!

It works perfectly :)
I think some more question incoming... hehe

Djiefo

Read over many of my sig links, very useful. Post back if something not covered, preferably start a new thread for different unrelated topics. Also, time to eat so someone else will need reply to ya.