PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cant change screen resolution HELP

justinreeves16
September 5th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Well now with out the displayconfig-gtk I dont know how to change my monitor or video card etc.
I know I need to edit my Xorg.conf but I have no friggen Idea what I need to put in it. Also now since I cant login as root I cant use the gui to use the text editor to edit the Xorg, I have to use a terminal and sudo. but I dont know what the name of the editor is to get it to work in terminal.
Funny I thought that these **buntu distros were "Linux for Human beings" , NOT. Its still Linux for computer techies, programmers, geeks. I like the computer geek factor been one since DOS5, but I dont know sh@t about linux and thats why I supposedly run ubuntu. Ha. Been using Ubuntu since 7.04, right after installation first thing chnage incorrect low res on screen, but for years now always a huge hassel, you would think years later and distros later of a supposed user friendly version of Linux there would be some type of GUI program to setup a monitor, video card what ever, or even just to have a gui interface that helps you edit and create a new Xorg file.

justinreeves16
September 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Oops I have a Matrox G450 Millenium Dual, and a Viewsonic E70fb
Sorry that might help.