sandyd
September 5th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Whats with the new "report post button"
looks uglier; looks like the text was just patched on in GIMP

Bodsda
September 5th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Agreed, I think they should have used one of the half a dozen decent mock ups presented in the FF&H thread regarding this issue.

ithinkitschad
September 5th, 2009, 03:18 PM

So we can report you.

wersdaluv
September 5th, 2009, 03:46 PM
So we can report you.
Chill man

Tipped OuT
September 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Looks fine to me. Your computer must be rendering it wrong, because I noticed the text in the icon is a bit weird.

chriskin
September 5th, 2009, 05:04 PM
looks fine to me
:popcorn:

lovinglinux
September 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Looks fine to me. Your computer must be rendering it wrong, because I noticed the text in the icon is a bit weird.

It is a gif image, so I don't see how it could be rendered wrong.

looks fine to me

Delete the cache and you should see the ugly image.

chriskin
September 5th, 2009, 05:50 PM
i can already see the "ugly" image,it's just not ugly :)

MikeTheC
September 5th, 2009, 05:54 PM
i can already see the "ugly" image,it's just not ugly :)

+1 to that. It looks fine to me. And frankly I think it's an upgrade from what was previously in use as now you don't have to try and guess what the button does. The previous image was extremely non-obvious in that regard.

EDIT: I would also like to add that I would like to see more buttons using words instead of symbols. I understand you can't do that with every button and I wouldn't expect it. However, when you have to sit there and guess what a given symbol means -- instead of just reading it in plain language -- any supposed gains in efficiency are lost.

Tipped OuT
September 5th, 2009, 06:31 PM
It is a gif image, so I don't see how it could be rendered wrong.

Maybe if you took the time to actually look at "Report abuse" icon in his/hers screen shot, you'd noticed it's rendered differently.

Here's how it should look:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5213/screenshotwq.th.png (http://img162.imageshack.us/i/screenshotwq.png/)

lovinglinux
September 8th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Maybe if you took the time to actually look at "Report abuse" icon in his/hers screen shot, you'd noticed it's rendered differently.

Here's how it should look:

Looks the same to me, as it is rendered on my machine.

gn2
September 8th, 2009, 01:52 PM
~ However, when you have to sit there and guess what a given symbol means -- instead of just reading it in plain language -- any supposed gains in efficiency are lost.

Mouseover?