PDA

View Full Version : I would now truly start recommending Linux to my friends again!

hoppipolla
September 5th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Ok, I am pretty happy with this now!

My system now has Firefox, Pidgin, Skype, the real Flash plugins, Banshee, SMPlayer, Last.fm Player, Wine, Firestarter, Parcellite, Evolution Mail... and here is my desktop!

http://i29.tinypic.com/rvgh3c.jpg

(sorry about the Snow Leopard background it just made me smile lol)

But yeah, I now find Ubuntu whilst not STAGGERING.. it's very functional, very fast, pretty easy to use and wonderful to update and upgrade :)

I would install this on most people's PCs without too much worry :)

What do you think? Is Ubuntu a totally worthy substitute for Windows for Mr Joe Bloggs?

Hoppi :)

Frak
September 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM
What do you think? Is Ubuntu a totally worthy substitute for Windows for Mr Joe Bloggs?

Yes

And this post is the first really good Ubuntu advocate post I've seen in a while.

Tibuda
September 5th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Who is Mr Joe Bloggs?

hoppipolla
September 5th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Who is Mr Joe Bloggs?

Ah good question, I just Wikipedia'd it and it turns out that name is mainly used in the UK and Australia!

By Joe Bloggs, I meant like, Mr Average, you know? Someone without a high level of computer experience who just wants to use the machine day-to-day :)

Frak
September 5th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Ah good question, I just Wikipedia'd it and it turns out that name is mainly used in the UK and Australia!

By Joe Bloggs, I meant like, Mr Average, you know? Someone without a high level of computer experience who just wants to use the machine day-to-day :)
...and blog.

hoppipolla
September 5th, 2009, 01:28 AM
...and blog.

naturally xD