PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye......

lynx2cross
February 5th, 2006, 03:55 AM
I'm going back to Win.XP for the time being. I've very much enjoyed my experience with Ubuntu it introduced me to the world of Linux. I've learned a lot new things about computing because of Ubuntu and it's given me a different outlook on operating systems. Ubuntu took away the misconeptions I had about Linux, but with all that being said I still felt at times that I had one hand tied behind my back in some instances and this is no fault of Linux but of certain software developers and such that don't provide support for users of Linux. I'll be keeping my finger on the pulse of Linux and Ubuntu and when I feel it has become something that I can use as my only operating system without any limitations I'll come back in a heart beat.

In the meantime I have my live cd version of Ubuntu for when I need to take a break away from windows. This forum for the Ubuntu community is great and has really provided me with a lot of support and information something you can't say about any other os. I'm really going to miss that the most. Goodbye for now hopefully I won't be gone for too long.

Protex
February 5th, 2006, 03:58 AM
Sorry to hear that you are leaving.

I also am new to GNU/Linux and loving it.

Hope everything works out, and you'll be back ;).

Jedeye
February 5th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Be sure to try out Dapper once it is released!

aysiu
February 5th, 2006, 04:06 AM
You sound like a perfect candidate for a dual boot, but... whatever works for you. Come back again soon.