PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dot matrix printer in Ubuntu

pravindra.kumar
September 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hi,
I have a Dot Matrix Printer which model is WeP LQ DSI 5235, i am facing problem to install this printer in Ubuntu9.04. I am unable to find supportable driver for the printer.
I used some drivers from list and choosed some Epson's models one by one but print quality is not good, we are unable to read text properly.
please help me, it's very urgent.
Thanks !!!!!!!

pravindra.kumar
September 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
please help guys.........

pravindra.kumar
September 5th, 2009, 06:00 AM
No reply from anyone?

Whiffle
September 5th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Here's a PPD for it:
http://www.wepworld.com/wepportal/Uploads/Drivers/wep24pin136column20091152255.zip

From here:
http://wepindia.com/Downloads/DownloadDrivers.aspx

If you need help installing the ppd for it, just ask.

pravindra.kumar
September 5th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Thanks for reply dear,
i have used this ppd but while applying it's showing a message that "Printer 'WeP-24-Pin' requires the 'rastertowep' program but it is not currently installed. Please install it before using this printer".

Whiffle
September 5th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Oh I see. Very few references to that. I think I would try using different filters available in /usr/lib/cups/filter in place of rastertowep in the ppd file, one of them may work. Beyond that, you may just have to call WeP and ask them.

pravindra.kumar
September 5th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Dear,
I tried one by one filter from /usr/lib/cups/filter in place of rastertowep in ppd file, but it's printing some junk characters.
now i am trying to contact to wep support team.

If you have any other solution then please reply me, i am waiting for your reply.

Thanks

pravindra.kumar
September 8th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Dear,
We talked to WeP support team but they have no solution, so now i do not understand that what should i do.
where from we can get "rastertowep" filter for Ubuntu9.04? so we can work with DMP printer.

Thanks

sanksaini
November 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
I faced similar issues with Wipro LQ 540. I have got "rastertowep" from wepindia.attaching file. with this post
You paste it in user\lib\cups\filter. hope this solves your problem.

I understand from personal experience what headache this can be.

sanksaini
November 1st, 2009, 12:24 PM
the zip file also contains a ppd driver, I am not sure if your printer needs the same.

oldtraveller
January 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I have the same problem in Ubuntu 9.10. guys any update.

twinklstar
January 28th, 2010, 05:27 PM
the zip file also contains a ppd driver, I am not sure if your printer needs the same.
hello
when extracting the zip file - ": mismatching "local" filename (rastertowep),
continuing with "central" filename version
mapname: conversion of failed" - this message comes. what to do. pls help

twinklstar
January 29th, 2010, 04:29 PM
hello
when extracting the zip file - ": mismatching "local" filename (rastertowep),
continuing with "central" filename version
mapname: conversion of failed" - this message comes. what to do. pls help
nobody to help...........................
pls......................

oldfred
January 29th, 2010, 05:26 PM
In the old days we used to send our own control codes to dot matrix printers, if that that is something you are willing to try then something like this may work.

He could not get text print to work so he saved a file and used a script with lpr to print.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8706234

twinklstar
January 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
In the old days we used to send our own control codes to dot matrix printers, if that that is something you are willing to try then something like this may work.

He could not get text print to work so he saved a file and used a script with lpr to print.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8706234
am a bigginer, any simpler methods please..

twinklstar
February 3rd, 2010, 10:56 AM
am a bigginer, any simpler methods please..
...........still waiting, pls help my masters..

chinna saaeb
March 15th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I have successfully installed and my printer is running well.

I installed the wipro ppd file using the system/administration/printing.

Then I copied the rastertowep file as suggested on the forum earlier (to /usr/lib/cups/filter ). This file I had downloaded on the first page of the thread.
Then I changed the mode to 777 to make it accessible to all.
Now it is working well

smismdu
December 14th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I am in a need of rastertowep filter. While browsing the forum, I could not find where to get the filter file. Pl. guide for downloading the file.

pravindra.kumar
December 23rd, 2010, 06:00 AM
Dear smismdu,
pls check reply of smismdu at the first page in this thread and find attached .zip file. it has .ppd and rastertowep included.

Have a great day!!

pravindra.kumar
December 23rd, 2010, 07:33 AM
Sorry Dear, name was wrongly entered. It's sanksaini
Dear smismdu,
pls check reply of sanksaini at the first page in this thread and find attached .zip file. it has .ppd and rastertowep included.

chandraubunt
July 19th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I have aDot Matrix Printer(WeP LQ DSI 5235) in office. when updated to Ubuntu 12.04 ,It is not working, , please give me the details of installation