PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mail-notification

jaikzelf
September 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I installed [ mail-notification ] through Synaptic
Went : System-Preferences-Mail Notification and filled out the necessary data concerning UID's/Passwd's
Gmail and my POP3 accounts work fine
Yahoo!Mail produces [ unknown fetchyahoo failure ] even after installing fetchyahoo by sudo apt-get install fetchyahoo or by Synaptic

Looking on the net I found only that I needed fetchyahoo installed but to no avail.
One post mentions that one needs a paying Yahoo account to be able to use fetchyahoo ???

Anybody any ideas

kerry_s
September 4th, 2009, 05:45 PM
are you using the free yahoo mail? the free does not come with pop unless you hack it. then you can set it up for pop.
http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/yahoo-mail-free-pop-access/

stevo1977
October 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I followed the directions on the site listed above (thanks, kerry_s) and have turned on POP3 access for my Yahoo account. I also switched back to 'Classic' mode (another thread suggested this). I then went back and completely uninstalled Mail Notification and fetchyahoo and reinstalled them.

I am still getting the same "unknown fetchyahoo failure" when it tries to check my mail. Any other ideas or helpful hints? Thanks.

JMLM70
November 30th, 2010, 01:39 AM
I had a problem with my pop3 accounts and solved it by putting the port on front of the pop server, like: "pop.server.domain:123". Just google for yahoo ports and give it a try...

I2k4
April 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM
This set up works for me with a (paid) Yahoo Plus account - I had the same "fetchyahoo" problem with a secondary free Yahoo account, but can forward its mail into the paid account:

General:
Mailbox type POP3

Account
Server plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com
Username its.me
PW pw

Connection
Type Standard Port 110
Authentication Autodetect

Details
Name its.me

If there is a way to get the free yahoo mail into the notification app it would be nice to know. (No problems with a Google Gmail account.)