PDA

View Full Version : Web Network Framework to use with a scripting language

133794m3r
September 3rd, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm currently looking into sitting down with my friends and begin developing a pbbg. Currently we're struck between using Ruby or PHP as our main scripting language.

Now i know that Ruby has Ruby on Rails which i hear is quite good as far as support goes and also reducing server stress. But also i hear it has problems scaling up. I also know that PHP has an extremely high number of security vulnerabilities.

So then what is the community's view on this issue. Should we use Ruby with RoR or PHP?

edit:Also we all know how much work it's going to be to make a pbbg. We(the coders) all have a couple years experience messing around with C++/C#, and HTML/JS coding experience. I added this so that everyone who read this would know that we're not just some random people who are like "we're going to make a game." We know what we're getting into and we will be learning as we go with php/ruby as none of us has really done anything with either. Except just kinda looking at some examples but nothing beyond that.