PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Partationing other OS than Wins??

odiear3rd
September 3rd, 2009, 05:28 AM
I want to Know if you can partion another OS w/ Ubuntu other than Wins. In other words what other OS can I use w/ Ubuntu?? I am tired of dealing w/ Wins and all the tweaking problems it has. I figured that over the pass 10 years of having Wins and all the software addons, I have spent well over a thousand dollars. It makes me sick :mad: to think of all that money wasted and I am still no better off. Most of you probably spent twice that much. If we could have spent that money on Linux we would have been better off and Linux would put Microsoft out of business.

If someone knows of another OS that can be Partioned w/ Ubuntu please let me know. Otherwise I will stay with Ubuntu alone. Thanks for your replies.

VMC
September 3rd, 2009, 05:46 AM
I want to Know if you can partion another OS w/ Ubuntu other than Wins. In other words what other OS can I use w/ Ubuntu?? I am tired of dealing w/ Wins and all the tweaking problems it has. I figured that over the pass 10 years of having Wins and all the software addons, I have spent well over a thousand dollars. It makes me sick :mad: to think of all that money wasted and I am still no better off. Most of you probably spent twice that much. If we could have spent that money on Linux we would have been better off and Linux would put Microsoft out of business.

If someone knows of another OS that can be Partioned w/ Ubuntu please let me know. Otherwise I will stay with Ubuntu alone. Thanks for your replies.

By other OS you mean another Linux distribution, I have Fedora 11 installed, both Gnome and KDE4.3. I like them both. I have use Gnome forever, but I have to admit, I love the new KDE4.3

Also I have tried some BSD's. A bit getting use to. PC-BSD is one of the easiest installs I have ever used.

You need some experience to try distros like Arch, Slackware, Gentoo. Many people like those OS's.

Actually by trying other OS's , you may come to really appreciate Ubuntu. Great distro, great forum!

Edit: regarding Partitioned with. Is Ubuntu a Linux install or Wubi Windows install? If you mean adding another partition or how to, then I would definitely suggest using Gparted (http://gparted.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php) to do that. Great GUI tool. Very easy to use.