PDA

View Full Version : I've gone Linux - Le Gasp!

coldReactive
September 3rd, 2009, 04:47 AM
Since a day or two ago, I haven't been able to activate my copy of Adobe Flash CS3 Pro Educational Edition. So guess what this means?

1. I can no longer color drawings the way I used to.
2. I no longer need windows.

Le gasp! Shock and horror! How will I ever get past thi--oh wait. I already have.

ad_267
September 3rd, 2009, 05:05 AM
Wooh! I guess...

Time to learn GIMP/Inkscape?

hanzomon4
September 3rd, 2009, 05:10 AM
I'm refusing to become dependent on my schools software package for just that reason, even though I don't know how can avoid that with final cut pro. Photoshop there is hope and I have 3 years.

Firestem4
September 3rd, 2009, 05:40 AM
Lol while this has nothing really constructive toward the post. I think the OP's avatar matches the "Le Gasp!" in the thread title perfectly! lol.

coldReactive
September 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Wooh! I guess...

Time to learn GIMP/Inkscape?

Yeah well... Inkscape has some issues I really do not like. But it's the only thing that I'd use to color. GIMP can't bend lines.

madjr
September 3rd, 2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah well... Inkscape has some issues I really do not like. But it's the only thing that I'd use to color. GIMP can't bend lines.

you tried krita?

Giant Speck
September 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Have you even tried contacting Adobe Customer Service about your problem activating their software?

coldReactive
September 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
you tried krita?

No, because it's under KDE, sorry.

Have you even tried contacting Adobe Customer Service about your problem activating their software?

I don't really care actually. I should've never bought the product in the first place as I couldn't transfer ownership of it, ever as it was an academic version.

Swagman
September 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
No, because it's under KDE, sorry.

Who cares ?

If it works and does what you want...USE IT

I use Gnome but have Krita... Ktorrent.. amarok etc all installed.

daverich
September 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Who cares ?

If it works and does what you want...USE IT

I use Gnome but have Krita... Ktorrent.. amarok etc all installed.

yeah that's a bit weird,- it's like saying I don't use any software written with Python, - or that make use of Java or something.

It's just libraries ;)

Kind regards

Dave Rich

coldReactive
September 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
yeah that's a bit weird,- it's like saying I don't use any software written with Python, - or that make use of Java or something.

It's just libraries ;)

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Yeah, 251 MB I have to use just to install krita :| We'll see how it goes though.

Edit: Nope, Krita is not at all what I want.

Lol while this has nothing really constructive toward the post. I think the OP's avatar matches the "Le Gasp!" in the thread title perfectly! lol.

Check this out: http://bobert-rob.deviantart.com/art/I-hate-MAC-ads-84368354

ad_267
September 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Haha that was good. :D

Karbon (http://www.koffice.org/karbon/) is the KDE vector editor, so might be closer to what you want, but there's no flash development tool for Linux that's anything like Adobe Flash.