PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] updrade from 7.04 feisty to ubuntu 8.04

merysioux
September 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM
HI my name is Maryah i'm not an expert with ubuntu,how can i updrade it from 7.04 feisty?
thanks!!!

running_rabbit07
September 2nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
Download the Ubuntu 8.04LTS ISO and install it or use Update Manager to upgrade. If you want to use upgrade manager and skip 7.10 go to System>Administration>Software Sources and set to show Long Term Releases.

raj7095
September 2nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
The easiest way that I know is to download ubuntu 8.04. Put a blank CD in. Double click on the file that you downloaded and then write the data onto the CD. Once its finished, reboot and press the edit button, whatever it is. In acer motherboards, its F2. Then, you have to find an option named "boot from:". Change it to CD, DVD, whatever you want to reboot your pc from, Save and exit. Put the CD in. And your pc will load the cd. The rest is up to you. Configure it anyway you want. But be warned that all your data will be deleted. Hope that helps:)

merysioux
September 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Download the Ubuntu 8.04LTS ISO and install it or use Update Manager to upgrade. If you want to use upgrade manager and skip 7.10 go to System>Administration>Software Sources and set to show Long Term Releases.

sorry but i tried with the software sources and it said server overload,and i downloaded the iso,but i don't know how i can install it.
thanks!!!

running_rabbit07
September 2nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
sorry but i tried with the software sources and it said server overload,and i downloaded the iso,but i don't know how i can install it.
thanks!!!

Right-click on the ISO and burn it to disk at 4x speed.

When the burn is done the system will eject the CD. Put it back in and restart your system.

Hit whatever key it is that takes you to the device boot option menu, My system uses the F12 key. And select the Install option.

If you have any data you want to keep and you don't have a /home partition, you will want to make a copy of your data before installing. If you do have a /home partition, then make sure to set the installer to NOT format the /home partition during install.

running_rabbit07
September 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Please, let us know how it goes and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

merysioux
September 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Please, let us know how it goes and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

hey really thanks!!! i did it!
maryah