PDA

View Full Version : WII Internet Channel

gletob
September 2nd, 2009, 04:35 AM
Well Nintendo has made the Opera Wii Browser Free for download... permanently. They've also added Adobe Flash Lite so you can play youtube videos now. And to those who paid for the Internet Channel, Nintendo will soon allow you to pick a game worth 500 points to download for free.

doorknob60
September 2nd, 2009, 04:38 AM
Hmm, I wonder if I will get 500 points? I bought the Wii used and it had some trial version of Opera but having that allowed me to download the regular one for free. *hopes for the best* Also I've always been able to play Youtube just fine (as well as other Flash stuff), what exactly did they change?

magmon
September 2nd, 2009, 04:41 AM
Ive heard the same. Unfortunately, I got the wii from my friend and I believe he got the internet channel when it was free the first time. On a somewhat unrelated note, Ive found the wii to be very fun. I bought the metroid trilogy limited edition the other day and am about 1/4 of the way through the first game. Great stuff.

gletob
September 2nd, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hmm, I wonder if I will get 500 points? I bought the Wii used and it had some trial version of Opera but having that allowed me to download the regular one for free. *hopes for the best* Also I've always been able to play Youtube just fine (as well as other Flash stuff), what exactly did they change?

Oh I think they updated it then.

3rdalbum
September 2nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
I watched Flash videos on my Wii about a year ago; Flash Player 7 has always been a part of the system.

Does Opera on the Wii have the capability to use Opera Link?