PDA

View Full Version : Photos taken by the N900

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 10:00 PM
And they don't look to bad (http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/08/31/nokia-n900-camera-quality-samples-uncovered/). This phone looks better everyday I just wish it wasn't from nokia.

SunnyRabbiera
September 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
I dunno, Nokia is the company I have begun to love to hate at the same time.
On one end it seems that they are opening up a little, their purchase of QT seems to have helped farther free it from its old proprietary license.
Also they have helped with Maemo and have helped out linux in some small ways.
But recently they did a wintel deal that could endanger us.

pwnst*r
September 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
looks ok.

DownTown22
September 2nd, 2009, 02:01 AM
Looks nice. I have an N800 and my wife has an N810 and we both love them.

And what exactly is wrong with Nokia? I've seen others on these forums and others badmouthing Nokia for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

koshatnik
September 2nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
It's hard to tell from that picture. Most digital cameras can take great pictures and look nice small on a screen. Need to see a print of it really. I can't imagine the dynamic range would be up to all that much on a camera phone, which is far more important than resolution and sharpness. Nice as a toy though, or for doing some arty, abstract, experimental street shoots. Most cameras have a niche use somewhere in photography.

hanzomon4
September 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM
It's hard to tell from that picture. Most digital cameras can take great pictures and look nice small on a screen. Need to see a print of it really. I can't imagine the dynamic range would be up to all that much on a camera phone, which is far more important than resolution and sharpness. Nice as a toy though, or for doing some arty, abstract, experimental street shoots. Most cameras have a niche use somewhere in photography.

+1

On a side note at my new job I have access to a Mark 1ds :shock:

koshatnik
September 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
+1

On a side note at my new job I have access to a Mark 1ds :shock:

Rather you than me. Canon DSLR's handle like bricks. :)

Colonel Kilkenny
September 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Also they have helped with Maemo and have helped out linux in some small ways.
But recently they did a wintel deal that could endanger us.

Nokia took a 500 million euros loan to develop Maemo (meaning also Linux/Gnome/etc.). Nokia also did a deal with Intel regarding collaboration on open source development (probably Moblin, oFono, etc.).

I'm pretty sure one Nokia Booklet cannot endanger Linux in any way. Atm. Moblin and other alternatives just weren't ready to use (Nokia's Ovi Services and desktop apps don't yet have Linux support, Moblin isn't quite there yet, etc.).