PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Wired network doesn't work on eeepc 1101ha

raminaghrobis
September 1st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Hi all, I've just installed Xubuntu 9.04 on my eeepc 1101ha, and I can't get the wired network connection to work. I haven't tried the wireless yet.
When I plug the cable in, it doesn't do anything...

Any help welcome, thanks in advance.

chilimac02
September 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
I am having the same problem. My wifi will not work either. I have posted a couple of times about it and no one has helped me. Keep me in the loop, I'd love to get mine working too.

raminaghrobis
September 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
What desktop are you running chilimac02?

Could it be a problem with the hardware drivers (since it's a new computer, maybe the drivers weren't on the installation cd), or else with ubuntu?

chilimac02
September 2nd, 2009, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty sure you hit that one right on the nose. I've tried several flavors of the jaunty kernel, but have had no luck.

I did find a post about installing updated drivers, but ironically you need a network connection to do it. IF I had a network connection, well I wouldn't need to do it.

asedas
September 2nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
unfortunaltelly I have eee pc 1101ha also... no wifi, no lan :/ also no 1366x768 resolution... ANY help appreciated...

raminaghrobis
September 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Presumably if you knew which drivers you needed and where they're supposed to go you could do it manually couldn't you? Have you got the link?

bkratz
September 2nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hi all, I've just installed Xubuntu 9.04 on my eeepc 1101ha, and I can't get the wired network connection to work. I haven't tried the wireless yet.
When I plug the cable in, it doesn't do anything...

Any help welcome, thanks in advance.

first, I know nothing about the eeepc's--but, look at this thread and see if it helps you. It appears to be about a similar unit. you might want to try a search for the exact unit.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1230045&highlight=eeepc

Good Luck

chilimac02
September 3rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
the alpha 4 of the new karmic version works with wired ethernet...

raminaghrobis
September 3rd, 2009, 06:35 AM
What's the "alpha 4 of the new karmic version"?

raminaghrobis
September 3rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Holy IT miracle! It really does work!

What about wireless, has anybody tried that?

asedas
September 4th, 2009, 03:20 PM
to get all working see:

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/ubuntu-auf-dem-eee-1101-ha/2/

chilimac02
September 7th, 2009, 10:04 PM
look up (google) "enable jaunty backports" in Karmic (9.10). When I did that and updated, my wifi works.

Now I just need a working video driver for the gma 500 and I'm in bizness!

asedas
September 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I got everything working on my 1101ha. see my post here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1260275

pumex1990
October 14th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Hi,
i've just installed 9.10 on my 1101ha
i used this version for some days a few weeks ago, and wireless lan was working out of the box. but today it's not (i just have wired network)
so i tried to install linux-backports-modules-karmic (in 9.04 i did this but with jaunty and it was working), but it says 'It didn't worked out to install some packeges. This may be because you damand an impossible situation or they were not yet transferred from folder 'Incoming' This informations may help you to solve this situation: following packages has missing dependencies: linux-backports-modules-karmic: recuireds linux-backports-modules-karmic-generic but it wont be installes. E: Packeges are broken (of course this is just my poor translation as I get this info in Polish)

chilimac02 wrote 'look up (google) "enable jaunty backports" in Karmic (9.10). When I did that and updated, my wifi works.', but I didn't find anything about that. Can you help me? :)

lokutus25
October 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
to get all working see:

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/ubuntu-auf-dem-eee-1101-ha/2/

Thanks but it's in German...useless to me. But seems very interesting, is there any translation? I'm asking too much I Know and I'm sorry :):)