PDA

View Full Version : Rap Music?

Lavaeagle
September 1st, 2009, 06:54 AM
I need some good stuff I just formatted and wondering if anyone had a favorite song they would like to share.

Fan of things like:
Krazy - Pitbull
Lets Go - Trick Daddy

Stuff like that.

zetanuxi
September 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Don't usually listen to rap, but what I do listen to is old stuff.
My fav rap album is The Chronic 2001 - Dr. Dre.

lisati
September 1st, 2009, 06:58 AM
Rap isn't everyone's taste.

Sadly, IMO, there's too much rubbish out there in most genres, which can make it difficult winning people over.

bl33d
September 1st, 2009, 07:01 AM
2Pac. Nothing else really comes close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnDR8OngS1U

Lavaeagle
September 1st, 2009, 07:02 AM
Are you guys hating on rap music in a rap music thread?

Bodsda
September 1st, 2009, 07:07 AM
Eminem Run rabbit run
Eminem Warning!
Eminem Kids
Eminem Love you more
Eminem Bully
Eminem Can-I-bitch
Eminem Nail in his coffin
D-12 Good die young
D-12 Rap game
D-12 Git up
Eminem Ft. Trick Trick Welcome to Detroit

lisati
September 1st, 2009, 07:10 AM
Are you guys hating on rap music in a rap music thread?

I don't have a problem with people liking rap, even though I don't normally listen to it. Some of the music in my collection probably wouldn't be to the liking of some people who listen to rap. I don't have a problem with that either. It doesn't have to end in a major war!

bl33d
September 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM
I don't have a problem with people liking rap, even though I don't normally listen to it. Some of the music in my collection probably wouldn't be to the liking of some people who listen to rap. I don't have a problem with that either. It doesn't have to end in a major war!

Whale song or yodeling? :P

gnomeuser
September 1st, 2009, 07:17 AM
Not a big fan, in fact I can't really name an artist I enjoy outside of some select niches.

Greydon Square does some insightful tunes on science and religion, MC Frontalot of course is hilarious in the nerd department (who else can rap about cryptography and get away with it?)

Really I think the whole genre is full of crap, it just doesn't speak the least to me, I can't identify with it nor the ideals rap mostly touts (bling, hos, glorifying crime, etc.) which I suspect is why I enjoy the more excentric side of the genre.

Lavaeagle
September 1st, 2009, 07:20 AM

Lil Weezy?

When you have a good subwoofer whats better than a good rap or techno song amirite?

lisati
September 1st, 2009, 07:22 AM

Not quite...... but some of it even gets up Mrs Lisati's nose (mostly the operatic stuff buried in a corner somewhere and seldom listened to, some of it grates on my ears too)

My tastes tend more towards the easy-listening, jazz and r&b. Enough said.... Let's sit back and enjoy the discussion.

bl33d
September 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Not quite...... but some of it even gets up Mrs Lisati's nose (mostly the operatic stuff buried in a corner somewhere and seldom listened to, some of it grates on my ears too)

My tastes tend more towards the easy-listening, jazz and r&b. Enough said.... Let's sit back and enjoy the discussion.

I prefer something a little ummm, more hardcore :P

bl33d
September 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
When you have a good subwoofer whats better than a good rap or techno song amirite?

Wrong :P

Lavaeagle
September 1st, 2009, 07:33 AM

JAZZ! Thats what i wanted!!
Peter White <32
Steel Guitar and Sax

HappyFeet
September 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
I like old school stuff. Duh, I'm old.

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 07:50 AM
Run-DMC
MIA
NERD
Luda
NWA

I was late to the whole rap thing but I love it, I love all music. I don't get people who say it's not music, I figure that it comes from music fans who are not musicians. I was into John Cage, Charles Ives, Edgar Varese, Coleman, Taylor, Bailey, Antheil, Gould... the list goes on.. before I really got rap. So I know what music is and rap is certainly music.

koshatnik
September 1st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Sugar Hill Gang
Grandmaster Flash
Africa Bambaata
Arrested Development
The Goats - (Try and get hold of Tricks of the Shade album, one of the best hiphop albums ever)
People Under The Stairs
Public Enemy
Mantronix
Run DMC
NWA

All these crap all over rubbish like 2Pac and Eminem.

Best hiphop/rap album I've ever heard:

Dead Prez - Let's Get Free

Awesome.

.Maleficus.
September 1st, 2009, 11:17 AM
Am I the only person who didn't understand the poll at all? Anyways...

Public Enemy
Wu-Tang Clan
NWA

The rest is inferior.

Bölvağur
September 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM
Well as lyrics and singalongs are made for people that do not listen to music I would consider answering your poll as no, even though there are hints of music in some artist songs that actually write music but not just sing over samples.

but Pitbull? do you really listen to that kind of songs?
Well at least the video is unique to say the least and quite enjoyable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gaOPOtuAc

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
Don't usually listen to rap, but what I do listen to is old stuff.
My fav rap album is The Chronic 2001 - Dr. Dre.

+1 Still Dre sounds awesome in the instrumental.

How many times can they really explain the process of doing drugs, stealing stuff, and raping ladies before they get tired of it.

BTW, nobody mentioned the Beasty Boys.

Ric_NYC
September 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
English is my second language.
I don't understand the lyrics... To be honest I don't understand the words!

:)

Not my kind of music.

SuperSonic4
September 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Can't stand it :)

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 09:23 PM

Not my kind of music.

I don't think they are speaking much English either. You might get lucky and find one of the words from a rap song in the dictionary, but it wouldn't be a word you would want your kids to say.

Cephi
September 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
I don't think they are speaking much English either. You might get lucky and find one of the words from a rap song in the dictionary, but it wouldn't be a word you would want your kids to say.

Expected to see a comment like this on the first page. I guess it was too much to hope that I wouldn't see it at all.

Anyway, +1 Dead Prez

y6FgBn)~v
September 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM

Not my kind of music.

Don't feel bad, English is my native language and I still don't understand the words.

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 09:48 PM
Expected to see a comment like this on the first page. I guess it was too much to hope that I wouldn't see it at all.

Anyway, +1 Dead Prez

If you like the thought of kids walking around talking like that, then more power to ya.

aaaantoine
September 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Not a fan, generally.

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM

Anyway, +1 Dead Prez

This is the land of the high and mighty... But oh well being accused of corrupting the youth usually proceeds greatness.

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 10:03 PM
This is the land of the high and mighty... But oh well being accused of corrupting the youth usually proceeds greatness.

I don't think I am high and mighty. We pay a lot of taxes for our kids to learn proper English. I prefer to see them use it.

Have you ever met someone with a BS degree or higher that enjoys rap? I know a lot of nuclear engineers and other highly educated people that, well, don't care for rap music, nor any other music that is derogatory towards other people.

But hey, if you like it, enjoy it. This is just my opinion.

Kingsley
September 1st, 2009, 10:05 PM
You've gotta "do the cooking by the book!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQp5l4-sfFA

SuperSonic4
September 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
I don't think I am high and mighty. We pay a lot of taxes for our kids to learn proper English. I prefer to see them use it.

Have you ever met someone with a BS degree or higher that enjoys rap? I know a lot of nuclear engineers and other highly educated people that, well, don't care for rap music, nor any other music that is derogatory towards other people.

I agree with the sentiment but if people want to listen to rap then so be it I suppose. The real menace is rap music played at excessive volume on inferior hardware

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
You've gotta "do the cooking by the book!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQp5l4-sfFA

That guy in that video is displaying high levels of intelligence. I like it. I will put a link to that video in my English essay tomorrow.

The real menace is rap music played at excessive volume on inferior hardware

Like a car who?s trunk is rattling so bad you can't hear the music?

I agree. I showed my neighbor that my 65 watt Peavey amp can out do his car system. He leaves the volume down when detailing his car nowadays.

Linking to videos in essays? Which school do you go to?

none-ya university

The essay is on how music and movies ruin our culture. Teacher said to provide evidence.

Kingsley
September 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Linking to videos in essays? Which school do you go to?

SuperSonic4
September 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
Like a car who?s trunk is rattling so bad you can't hear the music?

I agree. I showed my neighbor that my 65 watt Peavey amp can out do his car system. He leaves the volume down when detailing his car nowadays.

Yeah, or blasting it out on a mobile phone so it sounds tinny and distorted.

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah, or blasting it out on a mobile phone so it sounds tinny and distorted.

True, but it doesn't matter what type music is blaring through a cellphone, it all sounds like pooh from being distorted. I think that's why they put headphone jacks on them.

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 10:28 PM

http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

gn2
September 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Rap music = oxymoron.

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
http://jamie-online.com/random-jamz/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm.jpg

Nice try, that was his reaction to receiving a signal from Earth with a video of Master P rapping out his song titled "Make Crack Like This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__4uozMr_bU&feature=fvw)."

RiceMonster
September 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM
Rap music = oxymoron.

Clever!

I don't even like rap, but it's music whether you like it or not. It has a rhythm, and it follows a pattern.

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 10:44 PM
And not all music has a rhythm or set pattern... Take the red pill folks and see how far the rabbit hole goes

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 10:48 PM
And not all music has a rhythm or set pattern... Take the red pill folks and see how far the rabbit hole goes

If it has no rhythm nor pattern, then it it noise. Keep your pills.

starcannon
September 1st, 2009, 10:53 PM
Generally No; but I did vote yes, because there are a few good rap tunes that I enjoy. I pretty much like a little bit of everything, though I'm still trying to aquire opera.

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM
If it has no rhythm nor pattern, then it it noise. Keep your pills.

Go read a John Cage essay or Derek Bailey's book... Better yet listen to their music