PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem starting Ubuntu 9.04 after upgrade from 8.10

eshmx
August 31st, 2009, 04:22 AM
well well well, here is my problem, yesterday I was using Ubutnu as any other day, then I was asked to install some recommended packages, but I decided to make a complete upgrade to 9.04, after some problems downloading the upgrade, there was a error message telling me the installation could not be completed, then I rebooted my computer and the starting screen with the Ubuntu logo seemed diferent, but the real problem is that now it is asking me to type user and password, but I do not remember to have configured any, in the previous version I started the session without any user and password, I tried using all known users or passwords to access but I did not succeded, is there any way to access or should I reinstall Ubuntu 9.04?

tgeer43
August 31st, 2009, 04:31 AM
If it's prompting you for a password then that's how you configured it during installation, whether you remember doing so or not.

If you have no idea what the password could be then it looks like reinstall time. Luckily you haven't done any customization yet so you're only out the small amount of time it takes to run the installation program again.

tgeer