PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] gtkrc question

Sim-I-Am :}
August 31st, 2009, 02:47 AM
Just a quick question; I'm using a GTK/Emerald/Aurora theme called Filosofia, by Lassekongo83, and love it. My only qualm is that the drop-down menu's (aka right-click menu, or drop-down from file/edit/tools etc.) background color is blank white, which doesn't fit with the theme (grey, black). How do I change this? I've searched through the gtkrc, panel.rc and menubar.rc for the theme, but to no avail, and it's not a pixmap. The color I'd like to change it to is #D4D4D5.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~Sim-I-Am

Giant Speck
August 31st, 2009, 02:10 PM
Just a quick question; I'm using a GTK/Emerald/Aurora theme called Filosofia, by Lassekongo83, and love it. My only qualm is that the drop-down menu's (aka right-click menu, or drop-down from file/edit/tools etc.) background color is blank white, which doesn't fit with the theme (grey, black). How do I change this? I've searched through the gtkrc, panel.rc and menubar.rc for the theme, but to no avail, and it's not a pixmap. The color I'd like to change it to is #D4D4D5.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

~Sim-I-Am

Go into .gtkrc and look for this:

style "theme-menu" = "theme-default"
{
xthickness = 0
ythickness = 0
bg[NORMAL] = shade (1.5,@bg_color)
#xthickness = 0
# ythickness = 0
#bg[NORMAL] = shade (1.15,@bg_color)
}

Change shade (1.5,@bg_color) to "#D4D4D5". Include the quotation marks.

Sim-I-Am :}
August 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM
Ok, that worked, but only for the dropdown menu from the App/Places/System menu. I use 'killall gnome-panel' to refresh after saving gtkrc, but is there some other way to refresh right clck menus?