PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Windows always maximize

oloff3
August 31st, 2009, 12:57 AM
Hi.
I recently bought a Asus Eee PC 1005HA and decided to try out Ubuntu Netbook remix on it. I managed to get the network and everything else working ok, but I have a problem with the programs.

All program want to maximize when I start them (except Pigin I think).
This is quite annoying because, when I want to start Terminal for example, I want to read be able to read and type at the same time. Of course i can unmaximize the window, but it's still annoying to do it every time.

I have searched for a setting that does this but didn't manage to find anything.

Please help me if you know how to fix this.

techstop
August 31st, 2009, 01:41 AM
Hi.
I recently bought a Asus Eee PC 1005HA and decided to try out Ubuntu Netbook remix on it. I managed to get the network and everything else working ok, but I have a problem with the programs.

All program want to maximize when I start them (except Pigin I think).
This is quite annoying because, when I want to start Terminal for example, I want to read be able to read and type at the same time. Of course i can unmaximize the window, but it's still annoying to do it every time.

I have searched for a setting that does this but didn't manage to find anything.

Please help me if you know how to fix this.

UNR contains a helper program called "maximus" which maximises every window so you make the use of all your screen real estate (helpful to some on small netbooks).

To turn it off, disable it from starting under System>Preferences>Startup Application (then you'll need to log out or reboot to see the change).