PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu LAMP server

bradw
August 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM
How much disc space is needed to install a ubuntu 9.04 LAMP server? I've looked and cannot find this information. I'm setting up a new pc at home to install a lap server on it and I need to know roughly has must disc space is needed for initial install. PC will also be running a print server. This machine is being setup to learn and as a result will not have much real data on it except for when I play with mysql etc..

While I'm at it how about a good book recommendation for the server. I have purchased a few books for 9.04 and they seem a little to basic for me. I am looking for a more detailed book on the setting up of a lamp server. My goal is passage of LPI 1&2 and ubuntu cert exam 199. I want to learn the inner workings of the lamp server more than I want to pass the exam as I figure one will lead to the other so I would prefer any book recommendations be geared toward learning the server OS.

thank you for all replies

brad

DaithiF
August 30th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Hi,
I don't know how much space, but I know a way you can find out :)
If you sudo apt-get install the list of packages you want, it will tell you the size of the required download, and the disk space required, before actually doing the install.