PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Kwin/mouse theme issue

Intrepid Ibex
August 30th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hello,

I have this issue with Kwin that the custom themes I dl'ed from kde-look.org don't work as they should. When I move the cursor to upper/lower left/right corner, I get the wrong behaviour.

On the left corners of the window the cursor acts like it was on the right corners and the other way.

In compiz the themes work fine but whenever I use KWin, I get this behaviour.

E [Solved]: I don't want to bump this thread since it's almost one year old but it seems that there are different cursors for the Gnome (gtk+) and KDE (qt) environments. With KDE the "X11 mouse themes" fetched from gnome-look.org act as I described here.

Intrepid Ibex
September 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
bump. I'd add a screenie if I knew a program for kde to do that.

M_the_C
September 4th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure what is causing your problem, but for taking a screenshot you can use KSnapshot.

I don't know about *buntu because I use Gnome, but in Arch it came preinstalled with the KDE system. You can either search for it or go Applications>Graphics>Screen Capture Program.

Intrepid Ibex
September 7th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Well, I AM using Arch as my sig says, but the problem wiht Ksnapshot is that it DOESN'T capture cursor. Only the X windows.

Also ksnapshot comes "preinstalled" only if you install some of these groups: kdemod, kdemod-complete, kdemod-kdegraphics, kdemod-uninstall, kde or kdegraphics. Otherwise you have to install it separately :).

Intrepid Ibex
September 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
So here's the screenie that the whole community has been waiting for, had to workaround a bit:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5396/screenshotwr.png

krazyd
September 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
does it happen with all themes or just that one?

Intrepid Ibex
September 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
With every theme I dl from gnome/kde-look.org

I'm using kdemod on arch if that's da reason this keeps happening (also I just drew that cursor there with Gimp, because I couldn't capture my cursor with gnome-snapshot or ksnapshot)

krazyd
September 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM
weird. Maybe try asking on the arch forums..