PDA

View Full Version : Found an old Keytronic keyboard...

blueturtl
August 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM
...without the Microsoft assigned special keys. It has a nice solid construction and the keys have a nice feel when pressed. This has to be a 386/486 keyboard because the connector is the older larger DIN, but it still looks like new, barely used.

I know the special keys could be assigned to good use under Linux, but I always felt wrong having the Windows logo there.

dragos240
August 30th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

MikeTheC
August 30th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Perhaps they make replacement keycaps you could use?

racerraul
August 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM
pics or ban!

blueturtl
August 30th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

pics or ban!

See attachment!

But now you are going to tell me this is a "Photoshop"? ;)

blueturtl
August 30th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Come see the amazing cave age keyboard!

From the times when PCs roamed the lands untamed by Microsoft!
Some of our younger members have probably never seen a keyboard like this. Those wet behind the ears think the Windows keys were always there like the little blue 'e' was always on the Windows desktop (which it wasn't).

I am having too much fun. :)

In the picture are two keyboards, my new love and my old keyboard that came with those new Windows keys...

SacValleyDweller
August 31st, 2009, 06:52 AM
See attachment!

But now you are going to tell me this is a "Photoshop"? ;)
My high school had a few machines with CRT monitors, and a few of those had those very keyboards, as late as '05 when I graduated.

Those keyboards: awesome!

Sublime Porte
August 31st, 2009, 07:58 AM
I had a keytronic (was PS/2 though) with built in trackball. The best keyboard I've ever owned. The keys felt so solid and it actually felt like a keyboard, not some lightweight piece of plastic junk that was going to break if I key-bashed it a little.

Rick1971
August 31st, 2009, 08:06 AM
wish i still had my old Commadore 64 keyboard :)

blueturtl
August 31st, 2009, 10:54 AM
I had a keytronic (was PS/2 though) with built in trackball. The best keyboard I've ever owned. The keys felt so solid and it actually felt like a keyboard, not some lightweight piece of plastic junk that was going to break if I key-bashed it a little.

This thing does have an awesome feel. After a day of using it, I wouldn't go back -- and I thought the keyboard I had was good! Even it was a far cry from the flimsy ergo-Logitech/Microsoft keyboards that everyone seems to own these days. I don't think even the new Keytronic models feel so nice. The thing is, the old lady who owned this keyboard was going to throw it away. Good thing I caught a glimpse of the garbage bag content. One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

mr-woof
August 31st, 2009, 11:12 AM
I rescued an old compaq keyboard and i'm still using it now, it's very similar to the one you found but this has two little spacebars instead of one big one!