PDA

View Full Version : What Non tech Thing Did You Do Today?

steveneddy
August 30th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I've been reading the forums lately and have discovered that you people are just a bunch of friggen geeks and nerds.

For the love of Pete, get a life, will ya?

I mean, Linux? LINUX - you must be kidding - right?

Go outside, look at that big, shiny round bright thing up in the sky. It supposed to be good for you.

There is life outside your Mother's basement, you know!

Wasting all of your time on the ones and zero's.

Beam me up!

What Non Tech Thing Did You Do Today?

PurposeOfReason
August 30th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I live here, I go outside all the time:

http://ryanmartinrealestate.com/images/whatcom-falls-park-bellingham-wa.jpg [+]
http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/1a/a8/22/fairhaven.jpg [+]
http://media.point2.com/p2a/htmltext/849f/2f25/eaba/cc30bdfae6022b88d1dc/original.jpg [+]
http://news.wwu.edu/posted/1538/Aerial.168936.jpg [+]
http://www.k-engineers.com/images/wwu_campus.jpg [+]

Giant Speck
August 30th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I went on a thirty-six-mile bike ride this afternoon. I saw the ocean, some geese, an incredible sunset and an interesting rainbow in the mountains.

I hereby declare this the "what non-tech thing did you do today" thread. :p

PurposeOfReason
August 30th, 2009, 07:09 AM
I went on a thirty-six-mile bike ride this afternoon. I saw the ocean, some geese, an incredible sunset and an interesting rainbow in the mountains.

5 mile run through fairhaven and along the boulevard. Got up before anyone was out, it was nice to hear the surf while running and not toddlers.

36 miles! That seems pretty crazy. Where was this? Alaska I'm guessing but more specifically.

steveneddy
August 30th, 2009, 07:10 AM

I second the motion and carry - The new topic is:

What Non tech Thing Did You Do Today?

steveneddy
August 30th, 2009, 07:12 AM
5 mile run ......

So, who was chasing you?

Were you in trouble?

Giant Speck
August 30th, 2009, 07:12 AM
36 miles! That seems pretty crazy. Where was this? Alaska I'm guessing but more specifically.

Anchorage. It's a fairly small city in terms of population, but in terms of land area, it's about the size of Rhode Island. And there are bike trails EVERYWHERE.

I'm really going to miss this nice weather once winter comes. :(

hansdown
August 30th, 2009, 07:13 AM
steveneddy,

I take that as an insult, 'cause I'm not that bright...'K?:)

MaxIBoy
August 30th, 2009, 07:14 AM
I helped shift donated goods to a storage unit in anticipation of an upcoming yard sale fundraiser. This was about 3 hours of

Moving furniture and boxes of knick-knacks around.
Driving around lost.

PurposeOfReason
August 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM
So, who was chasing you?

Were you in trouble?
Only thing that was chasing me was the thought that since uni got out on the 14th of June I really haven't done anything. I wouldn't done more but I have a blister on the top of my toe and bottom of the other foot and they got to me around mile 4. All in all, 5 miles in 40 minutes wasn't too bad.

Anchorage. It's a fairly small city in terms of population, but in terms of land area, it's about the size of Rhode Island. And there are bike trails EVERYWHERE.

We have a lot of trails here too, I just don't have a bike. :/

Firestem4
August 30th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I ate lunch with a friend at a damn good chinese restraunt and then we played games and watched tv for the rest of the evening. Good day =)

TomTwice
August 30th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I've been reading the forums lately and have discovered that you people are just a bunch of friggen geeks and nerds.

Go outside, look at that big, shiny round bright thing up in the sky. It supposed to be good for you.

Beam me up!

You're not Shatner

abhilashm86
August 30th, 2009, 08:41 AM
did gym and cardio for an hour in morning, listening to songs and now browsing forums!!:lolflag: linux with smile is life:guitar:

pwnst*r
August 30th, 2009, 09:15 AM
after a 61 hour week this morning went to the gym then a quick hike before it got too hot (100f/37.7c + today).

had lunch, played some QL, took the g/f to dinner, watched a movie, home.

Copernicus1234
August 30th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Everybody should be like ME otherwise Im not comfortable!

Yeah, my sisters 3 year old is like that too.

The irony is that people who get mocked for preferring intellectual challenges like programming or computer technology are the ones whos inventions are making life comfortable for the rest of you slackers.

hanzomon4
August 30th, 2009, 09:21 AM

Went to a rooftop BBQ, Drank a lot, then danced into the wee hours of the night with a bunch of beautiful sweaty people. Actually that was a lot of my summer and now it's over. next 4 months, in a word.. WORK

bl33d
August 30th, 2009, 09:40 AM
You're not Shatner

idunno the toupee is kinda similar

geekygirl
August 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM

Hmm delivered a heap of stuff to a local charity due to a never ending de-cluttering process...

Played with my two daughters (2 and 3 years old) and took them down the street for a while,

Talked for a couple of hours with my boyfriend (which crosses the non-tech boundary as he lives in the US and we talk via Skype) about my upcoming trip over to stay with him and other stuff boyfriends and girlfriends talk about ;)

Did my housework....

er...plenty of things I did today were non-tech per say until now that is :P

brian183
August 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I was training my dog not eat my socks today. Look what I found this evening..

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=126804&stc=1&d=1251622526

Ms_Angel_D
August 30th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Went to my kids High school orientation and then out to dinner...

TuckLive
August 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I slept all day. :lolflag: Yes I was exhausted.

amac777
August 30th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I wrote a script to automate rsnapshot backups using cron, oh wait, I think I'm in the wrong thread....

LookTJ
August 30th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Let's see today?

I went to take care of my pigs at the barn.

I may be a geek, but I'm not an extremist.

Have a nice day :)

wieman01
August 30th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Well, I don't like the tone of the original post, but if you guys keep it civil & humorous I'll turn a blind eye to it.

andras artois
August 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Watch out for those pesky communist chinese invaders, don't worry too much though. It's only a simulation.

Swagman
August 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM
We're off to the Chocolate factory (Cadburys @ Bournville) in an hour

t0p
August 30th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I was training my dog not eat my socks today. Look what I found this evening..

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=126804&stc=1&d=1251622526

Well your dog looks pretty guilty. But that doesn't mean much: my dog's always doing stuff that she knows is wrong. The bitch!

Right, non-tech stuff. Walking the dog, I guess. I've attached a pic. I didn't take the photo today, but she looks the same today anyway.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=126809&stc=1&d=1251627417

hobo14
August 30th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Went to the local ice rink and played a game of ice hockey.

koleoptero
August 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I am packing cause I'm moving. I also cleaned up a bit.

xpod
August 30th, 2009, 01:46 PM

mmmmmm, where to start?
Was awoken at 7am by my 4 Yr old daughter who woke up wanting some cold milk.She just wont touch that luke warm stuff still in her cup from the night before.I then sat watching Handy Manny with her for about half an hour before she dozed back off to sleep.We both just about did in fact.
By this time though my 9Yr old was awake so i eventually made her some breakfast then walked up to the shops for the papers & milk to wake myself up.
By the time i got back the wife and eldest 2 daughters were awake so, it was back in the kitchen making coffee & juice.

About 15 minutes later i missed the first bathroom by seconds but then missed the second bathroom too because i was too busy trying to get in the first.20 minutes later i got my shower and thought more about getting the en suite built.
Around about 10am i stuck a couple of shelves up in our oldest girls room.I`d been meaning to do it for days but.....well, just couldn`t find the time.The right time anyway.Girls room remember.
After waking our son up as requested i then spent the next 40 minutes or so on the phone to my mother back in Scotland but since then it`s been L1 & F1.That`s laptop 1 & the Formula 1:)

Bodsda
August 30th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I'm not allowed outside... The sun, it burns me!!!!

steveneddy
August 31st, 2009, 05:47 AM
Well, I don't like the tone of the original post, but if you guys keep it civil & humorous I'll turn a blind eye to it.

Are you new here or something? I hope you aren't serious.

:roll:

The thread is doing exactly what I wanted it to do.

I sat in a WalMart parking lot waiting to get my vehicle repaired.

Lost an entire day of work because of it.

For a small town in the middle of nowhere I enjoyed a good wireless internet connection, though.

zman58
August 31st, 2009, 06:11 AM
- studied the Piano--working on some new music. Bach and Mozart.
- played 81 holes of Frizbee Golf ( i used three Frisbees at same time).
- finished up a woodworking project in the garage.
- ran 2 miles with my son for CC practice.
- cooked a Chicken dinner using fresh veggies just picked from our garden.
- ate dinner with my 2 sons.
- trimmed the willow tree in the back yard.
- fed the dog and yanked some weeds from the garden.
- enjoyed the weather today--very cool.

SacValleyDweller
August 31st, 2009, 06:39 AM
As of now, most things I do in life are non-tech (will change in a few years, when I have more Programming classes under my belt).

This weekend's adventures:

--Looked over my pumpkin patch
--helped my grandpa re-arrange his office
--Collect glass shards from the side of the road near the ranch for use as glaze in my pottery

Rainstride
August 31st, 2009, 06:40 AM
hmmm... I didn't do a whole lot today. sleep till noon waiting on a phone call about a job I applied for. then worked on a drawing of my dog (she died:() that I have been meaning to work on for a month or two(pics below). then just hung out listened to my podcasts/music for a while.

wieman01
August 31st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Are you new here or something? I hope you aren't serious.

:roll:

The thread is doing exactly what I wanted it to do.

I sat in a WalMart parking lot waiting to get my vehicle repaired.

Lost an entire day of work because of it.

For a small town in the middle of nowhere I enjoyed a good wireless internet connection, though.
Alright, let's keep it that way, dude.

lisati
August 31st, 2009, 08:24 AM
Since my "get out of the house" activity today involved going for a 40-minute walk to drop off my laptop to get the keyboard repaired (a stray cigarette lighter arriving from across the room sent one of the keys flying and subsequently dinged up enough to be beyond my repair skills) I'll have to mention this:

Tomorrow I'm likely to be hanging out with a few mates who are decidedly un-geeky.

I slept all day. :lolflag: Yes I was exhausted.
Yes, it's hard work sleeping.

Could be worse. You can be thankful that you haven't experienced the misfortune of having to turn TWO blind eyes.....

wieman01
August 31st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Could be worse. You can be thankful that you haven't experienced the misfortune of having to turn TWO blind eyes.....
Yes, that is so true... Thanks for the reminder. :-)

Rainstride
August 31st, 2009, 08:52 AM
Yes, that is so true... Thanks for the reminder. :-)

imagine trying to mod the UF with orca screen reader:).

wieman01
August 31st, 2009, 08:57 AM
imagine trying to mod the UF with orca screen reader:).
I had a terrible migraine today, so it kind of felt like it. I could barely read what I was typing. Lol.

My life outside the computer world? Rock climbing, cycling, reading.

Rainstride
August 31st, 2009, 09:18 AM
I had a terrible migraine today, so it kind of felt like it. I could barely read what I was typing. Lol.

I know those days. that's usually when I grab a fist full of aspirin and pass out in a dark and quiet room. makes it hard to think let alone type.

Perfect Storm
August 31st, 2009, 11:43 AM
I do nature stuff (you know long walk, enjoying the weather etc.), it give peace in mind, eventually with a camera;

Some miles away from where I live;
http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/29800/0/bor2.jpg

Two winters ago (or was it 3);
http://www.imageviper.com/displayimage/71958/0/Presnow.jpg

Other than that, I have my music instruments and do some drawings and writings as well.
So not all is Linux/IT/Computer from my side ;)

stuart.reinke
August 31st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Milked the cows. Went food shopping. Milked the cows again. Tv with the family.

XubuRoxMySox
August 31st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Mowed the hayfield... oh, wait, I used the tractor, which is technology, so I guess that doesn't qualify.

I practiced a new dance routine - oh, darn... I played the music on my computer, which is technology again, so I guess that doesn't qualify either.

Went to the store and bought some... ooops, used a car to get there. And a debit card to pay for stuff. Darn. Too geeky again. Wait... there must be something non-technical here somewhere...

Oh, okay: Pulled some weeds along a fence line. By hand. I hope that qualifies. :)

-Robin

Ms_Angel_D
August 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Mowed the hayfield... oh, wait, I used the tractor, which is technology, so I guess that doesn't qualify.

I practiced a new dance routine - oh, darn... I played the music on my computer, which is technology again, so I guess that doesn't qualify either.

Went to the store and bought some... ooops, used a car to get there. And a debit card to pay for stuff. Darn. Too geeky again. Wait... there must be something non-technical here somewhere...

Oh, okay: Pulled some weeds along a fence line. By hand. I hope that qualifies. :)

-Robin

lol Robin your post raises a good point it's soooo difficult to do anything these days without something techy being involved...but hey like you did you can always pull weeds by hand :P

toupeiro
August 31st, 2009, 04:27 PM
1) Staring into the sun is NOT good for you...

2) I would mention the oil change I started on my 69 Torino this morning, but to some that might be technical. I'm short 2 quarts of oil so I have to go get more to finish it.

chucky chuckaluck
August 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
for me, using a computer still counts as non-tech. (it falls more under 'fumbling'.)

XubuRoxMySox
August 31st, 2009, 09:35 PM
The big trouble with geeky stuff for me is that when you get it right the first time, no one appreciates how difficult it was!

'Cept for Linux of course. People think I'm super-smart and geeky just to be able to use it, lol.

-Robin

eragon100
August 31st, 2009, 10:12 PM
I went to an exposition about the 400 year anniversary for trade relations between Japan and the Netherlands, which was really interesting and well done! :popcorn: Lots of interesting documents and stuff :guitar:

Xzallion
August 31st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Ran six miles for my morning PT, then carried computers from one building to another. Also had to carry a heavy log chain (weighed 541 lbs before we cut it into sections). Of course I had to take the one that still weighed over 100 lbs, carry it down a flight of steps, about 200 meters to the next building, and up a flight of stairs. Being a private is hard work.

steveneddy
August 31st, 2009, 11:58 PM

My life outside the computer world? Rock climbing, cycling, reading.

Need pics and a list of current read/reading.

I ordered a dehydrated cat for the kids and one of them spilled water on the box.

The Real Dave
September 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM
Well, I woke up today no where near internet or a computer, so how had could staying away from technology be?

Well, hopped on my bike for a few miles on the beach, had breakfast, showered, brushed my teeth, sent a text to my best friend.....

Dammit. Not even an hour in and I failed :( :lolflag:

fela
September 1st, 2009, 12:17 AM
Had lunch at my grandma's place (massive family do).

And got a few bone crunching hugs from relatives, due to my excessive GCSE results.

Oh and of course did my daily violin practise.

Now I challenge Chris Pirillo to think of something non-tech that he did today. If you can read this, Chris. ;)

running_rabbit07
September 1st, 2009, 12:35 AM
I cleaned my pool.

Took the kid to school with my mountain bike towing a kiddie trailer.

Repaired a PVC water main that was leaking.

Fought my way into The Home Depot to get some grass killer to help dig up some more water lines that I want to replace next weekend.

Tried multiple times to sign in to my college's online campus, which appears to be down.

Set my 5 year old up to do some typing on the wife's MS system.

The Real Dave
September 1st, 2009, 12:42 AM
Now I challenge Chris Pirillo to think of something non-tech that he did today. If you can read this, Chris. ;)

Good luck with that :D

Old_Grey_Wolf
September 1st, 2009, 01:01 AM
Just got home from work; however, yesterday I went to a show and dinner called "Medieval Times". It is an 11th century feast and tournament. It has a two hour show with jousting, swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat with various weapons of the time, horsemanship, and falconry. My wife and I, along with our children and grandchildren, spent about thee hours at the castle.

Since they didn't use spoons or forks in the 11th century, you eat your dinner with your fingers. The dinner consisted of soup, garlic bread, broiled chicken, beef ribs, potatoes, and pastry.

No phones, computers, or any other techy devices are allowed.

We had a good time.

dragos240
September 1st, 2009, 01:06 AM
Errrr..... I ate out, walked a lot. And went to the library. Went to the library, returned some books, and freaked out some librarians with my linux flash drive. They thought I hacked it :p

sideaway
September 1st, 2009, 01:15 AM
This ain't fair, I just woke up XD

dragos240
September 1st, 2009, 01:16 AM
Then answer later.

#11u-max
September 1st, 2009, 01:17 AM
one word: "school"

wait... m laptop was in my backpack, does that still count?

gn2
September 1st, 2009, 01:18 AM
Went fishing.
Caught 10 kept 2.

mamamia88
September 1st, 2009, 01:45 AM
i went to work then went on a walk

rrplay
September 1st, 2009, 02:07 AM
Played 36 holes of Disc golf and even practiced a bit !!
nice late lunch and took a 80 minute cat-snooze.

Stan_1936
September 1st, 2009, 02:10 AM
drank water.

swallowed saliva.

tied my shoe laces.

Jimleko211
September 1st, 2009, 02:14 AM
I went to school and played tennis.

hockeytux
September 1st, 2009, 02:17 AM
I went to work though my non-tech time was restricted to my break :popcorn:

pookiebear
September 1st, 2009, 03:57 AM
Rode my supermoto today. and added a new clutch cable to my 74 honda ct70 minibike that I am restoring.

here is a shot of it.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n328/pookiebear1123/ct70/Dsc_0003.jpg

New motor going in.
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n328/pookiebear1123/ct70/Dsc_0003-1.jpg

It is street legal too. The license tag is sitting on my desk. It is a college town I live in so there are tons of scooters. This one will smoke a scooter when I am done.

NightHawk877
September 1st, 2009, 04:09 AM
Walked our 9 month old Catahoula, Fable, around my neighborhood.
Got textbooks and student ID for college
Played disc golf in my neighborhood
cleaned the carburetor in the mower
chores
worked on my 5x5 Rubik's cube for a few hours
played Viva La Vida by Coldplay on my trumpet for a few hours
went shopping for a laptop case. Found nothing
jumped on my trampoline

Vince N
September 1st, 2009, 04:21 AM
Did Laundry...................... Yea I'm lame.

Tipped OuT
September 1st, 2009, 04:24 AM
Did Laundry...................... Yea I'm lame.

Ahahaa...

Lets see... got up, went to ACCESS school, stayed there and chilled with my friends till 5, came back, ate something, blah blah, yeah...

Vince N
September 1st, 2009, 04:30 AM
Ahahaa...

Lets see... got up, went to ACCESS school, stayed there and chilled with my friends till 5, came back, ate something, blah blah, yeah...

The real sad thing is I go to work and do Tech Support, THen I come home and troll ubuntu forums doing........... Tech Support. AHHH I need a life.

Tipped OuT
September 1st, 2009, 04:33 AM
The real sad thing is I go to work and do Tech Support, THen I come home and troll ubuntu forums doing........... Tech Support. AHHH I need a life.

Nah, you have a life, otherwise you wouldn't be talking to me right now would you? :P

On a serious note, just try something different. Mix it up. Buy yourself a nice BMX bike or something, and take it out for a spin. You know, things like that.

Yes
September 1st, 2009, 04:51 AM
I went to band camp.

Damn, still geeky :p

hanzomon4
September 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM
This thread is addictive...

Lavaeagle
September 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM
I just got done:

Swing dancing 9:00pm yesterday to 12:10am today
Watched Stargate
Went into a forest with 5 friends and started building a tree village with zipline, platforms and hopefully rope bridge in between houses soon.
That took 5 - 6 hours of hard work.

lisati
September 1st, 2009, 07:44 AM
Today I went out as promised here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7874232&postcount=37), but got sidetracked when a guy spotted my Ubuntu t-shirt.

I know those days. that's usually when I grab a fist full of aspirin and pass out in a dark and quiet room. makes it hard to think let alone type.
Stay away from my meds bag! The asprin there was prescribed.

I went to an exposition about the 400 year anniversary for trade relations between Japan and the Netherlands, which was really interesting and well done! :popcorn: Lots of interesting documents and stuff :guitar:
I didn't realise that it had reached its 400th anniversary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anniversary)..... well done!

HappinessNow
September 1st, 2009, 07:50 AM
99.932678% things I do in life are Non-tech thingies, to list any would be too long and too time consuming.

wersdaluv
September 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM
I tried to graduate formal education

j7%<RmUg
September 1st, 2009, 07:57 AM
Whats a non-tech thing? All i do is tech stuff. I may be a geek but there is nothing wrong with that.

schauerlich
September 1st, 2009, 08:18 AM
I met up with some work friends and went to the state fair. We mulled around for a while, laughed at the carnies, ate some things that never should have been deep fried, got reprimanded for touching the animals, and watched a hypnotist show. It's now my goal in life to become a hypnotist so that I can mess with people.

Rainstride
September 1st, 2009, 08:23 AM
Stay away from my meds bag! The asprin there was prescribed.

so are mine, technically they don't really have any aspirin in them:), but I figured it was easier than typing the real name.

also, I was thinking about buying one of the zip up sweater and a shirt from the ubuntu store, how are they quality wise when you got yours?

winjeel
September 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
I did a biological in the bathroom after I got up. And I consumed green things, too.

JillSwift
September 1st, 2009, 03:54 PM
If the criteria really involves using no technology... then nothing. I've done nothing whatever that doesn't involve technology, even breathing.

Does that win me grand geek points? :)

fela
September 1st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Good luck with that :D

:lol:

He seems to be either a) sleeping or b) sitting at his (in the higher order of magnitude) computers.

sports fan Matt
September 1st, 2009, 03:56 PM
Went to breakfast with Mom.

bapoumba
September 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Went to my second kid's junior high to get his registration straight (grrr, he's taking both English _and_ German as first foreign language, and they messed it up),

Had lunch at Mc Donald's with a friend and her 3 boys. With mine, we had 6 boys with us. I gave her 2 big bags worth of clothes for her youngest. The little one is sleeping here tonight,

Will leave in a minute to register my kids to the swimming classes and spent the few minutes I had reading this thread instead of the reports and RC. That's non tech :)

click4851
September 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
began the painting of our living room by removing a wallpaper border, and then priming and finally painting the ceiling of the room. (....took a few days, but finished today)

wieman01
September 1st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Need pics and a list of current read/reading.

I ordered a dehydrated cat for the kids and one of them spilled water on the box.
I won't provide any pics, because they are personal, but I just came back from my trip across the Alps (by bike).

Current reading? The Black Swan (statistics, etc.). Interesting read. What about you?

I just love the cat!

lackhand
September 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM
Walked the dog. Read a book with my kid.

Currently reading . . . tech news . . .
and War and Peace.

Last book I finished was the Autobiography of Mohandas Ghandi.

Grifulkin
September 1st, 2009, 05:36 PM
I went to class and am currently in the basement of the library, on my laptop. Only another 90 minutes for my next class. I did however eat lunch outside, it's beautiful today.

steveneddy
September 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
I won't provide any pics, because they are personal, but I just came back from my trip across the Alps (by bike).

Current reading? The Black Swan (statistics, etc.). Interesting read. What about you?

I just love the cat!

While driving across the US today I turned off the GPS.

Does that count?

NCLI
September 1st, 2009, 06:59 PM
I took a walk in Nysted havn, bought an ice cream, and looked at the poor people working out in the gym.

wieman01
September 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
While driving across the US today I turned off the GPS.

Does that count?
Lol, dude, sure thing!

cmay
September 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM

Beam me up!

i watched a movie and walked my dog and i also made a phone call about in context of police complaint i made not so many month ago. which is since then turned out to be a complaint about the police being to lazy to do their job and now i really want to see some one get fired because as a tax payer i can not just let those lazy types of the hook. that is a non-.tech thing at least. i however like better to discuss linux and these lind of things in a linux forum much like i susect so many others would :)

Copernicus1234
September 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM
Had lunch?

:D

koleoptero
September 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM

At least you're getting paid for it. I am contantly fixing my friends' computers and then lurk in ubuntuforums. So... :P

Tipped OuT
September 2nd, 2009, 01:34 AM
This thread is addictive...

This is addictive? Try cra... never mind.

dragos240
September 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
I went to high school. First day there too! :D

schauerlich
September 2nd, 2009, 01:39 AM
I went to high school. First day there too! :D

Did you die?

dragos240
September 2nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Well. I AM still here aren't I?

yabbadabbadont
September 2nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Did you die?

He better not have. Otherwise the mods will close this thread for necromancy...

dragos240
September 2nd, 2009, 01:43 AM

*Clap Clap*

Tipped OuT
September 2nd, 2009, 02:02 AM

Or... are you? *Dun Dun Dunnn*

dragos240
September 2nd, 2009, 02:05 AM
I am.

Tipped OuT
September 2nd, 2009, 03:06 AM
I am.

#-o

eragon100
September 2nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
Just got home from work; however, yesterday I went to a show and dinner called "Medieval Times". It is an 11th century feast and tournament. It has a two hour show with jousting, swordsmanship, hand-to-hand combat with various weapons of the time, horsemanship, and falconry. My wife and I, along with our children and grandchildren, spent about thee hours at the castle.

Since they didn't use spoons or forks in the 11th century, you eat your dinner with your fingers. The dinner consisted of soup, garlic bread, broiled chicken, beef ribs, potatoes, and pastry.

No phones, computers, or any other techy devices are allowed.

We had a good time.

Awesome! Did they fight with battle axes too? Those are cool! (though swords are still the best :evil:)

Giant Speck
September 2nd, 2009, 06:07 AM

I don't know. Your soul could be dead.

schauerlich
September 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
I don't know. Your soul could be dead.

Explains you, then, don't it? :D

t0p
September 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
I made an apple crumble yesterday. Peeled and sliced some apples, sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on them, then covered it with a mixture of flour, oats, margarine... in the oven at gas mark 5 for 40 mins, then served with custard from a can. My dog had 2 helpings, the greedy bitch.

Eating soup with your fingers sounds tricky. I guess you could wear gloves. Dip your gloved fingers in the soup then wring it out into your mouth. Yum!

Potatoes in the 11th century? That can't be right. Unless you were medieval native Americans or something...

yabbadabbadont
September 2nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Well, it's about 3:00AM locally, so not much yet today. Yesterday I returned some books to the library, then was annoyed when I found that the library only has the second book of a trilogy I want to read. Books one and three weren't out on loan, they don't even have them. :(

Giant Speck
September 2nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
Eating soup with your fingers sounds tricky. I guess you could wear gloves. Dip your gloved fingers in the soup then wring it out into your mouth. Yum!

I'm going to assume that people in the eleventh century had containers in which to pour the soup and from which to drink the soup...

master5o1
September 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
do hair cuts count?

i actually had to get out of my 'room' :|
and i had to talk to a girl :|

scary stuff.

not sure i want to do that again in a while

stinger30au
September 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM

yet again i made wild and passionate love with my wife

la3r
September 2nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
non tech thing??... you mean like being away from the pc!!???... mmmhh AAARRHHGG, I... I just can't.

I am at least 12 hours in front of the pc every day :lolflag: :-({|= Yeah I don't have much life, but have have neither undestood what could be so good about it ;)

chucky chuckaluck
September 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
two hours to hill sprints and pushups. "party 'til you puke. puke 'til you see the brown spot."

cmay
September 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
hmm... that sounds much to technical . but at least it does not sound boring :)

Swagman
September 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Dug the garden

I ache

Back to work tomorrow ... for a holiday !!

beercz
September 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
Me too (with my wife) ;-)

swoll1980
September 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
walked my son to school
push-ups/sit-ups
WoW (mining saranite)
Read all the news at Cleveland Browns.com
Listening to Rover's Mourning Glory on the radio right now. Anyone from Cleveland,Ohio or Rochester New York knows who Rover is.

gnomeuser
September 2nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
hmm... that sounds much to technical . but at least it does not sound boring :)

"C'mon, it's just like making love! Y'know...Left, down...Rotate 62 degrees...Engage rotor." - Bender

I went to the gym with my sister for a 2½ hour workout, I wrote a job application for my fiancée and.. okay I am out.

marcelluspye
September 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM

Beam me up!

Hey, man, before you judge me based on this forum that be both belong to, look which one of us has thousands of posts. But what I did today:
uhh....
No, that doesn't count......
I shot peopl-nevermind........
.........uhhh I guess you're right.......

diablo75
September 2nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
I lifted weights. Today was leg day (the worst of days).

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Biceps
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Triceps
Friday: Back
Saturday: Shoulders
Sunday: Try to relax

I've been on this routine, each day taking about 2 hours to do the exercises for each muscle group, for a month strait now and am quite satisfied with the results I've seen so far. I'm just now becoming able to do twice the weight I started with a month ago, which wasn't much because the last time I did this was about 10 years ago.

cmay
September 2nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
I just ate a hamburger :)

Kazade
September 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
Hehe, this looks like a fun topic...

Today I hacked on my... err.. I connected to...hmm.. I reinstalled...um... I watched Top Gear while eating a Subway... oh god.

dsavi
September 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
I... Uhh... Went to school. Where there is no place for nerds. :/

I did play soccer and basketball for a good ~2-3 hours though.

cmay
September 2nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
I live alone with my dog so i take care of that everyday. i also clean and wash the dishes and today is no different. i watched a Movie and ate a hamburger for dinner, and i still have one left in the refrigurator. which i am going to go eat now. :P

stuart.reinke
September 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Today i had to pregnancy check a cow. Nothing high tec about a shoulder length plastic glove. She is pregnant by the way :)

hessiess
September 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
Patched some plaster and filled/sanded several hundred little `dents' in a different wall.

Groucho Marxist
September 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
I watched two chipmunks chase each other on campus :)

Tipped OuT
September 3rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
walked my son to school
push-ups/sit-ups
WoW (mining saranite)
Read all the news at Cleveland Browns.com
Listening to Rover's Mourning Glory on the radio right now. Anyone from Cleveland,Ohio or Rochester New York knows who Rover is.

"WoW" is tech, sorry dude.

Rainstride
September 3rd, 2009, 02:12 AM
never know, could just be a really elaborate cron job.

we're NOT allowed to practice necromancy:(?

Today i had to pregnancy check a cow. Nothing high tec about a shoulder length plastic glove. She is pregnant by the way :)

well.... thats a little.... gross.

Gen2ly
September 3rd, 2009, 02:21 AM
Not much of a cook but made spaghetti with italian-meatballs. Every now and then I get lucky and things turn out good. :D

cmay
September 3rd, 2009, 02:43 AM
well.... thats a little.... gross.

actually if you live and work in a place like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm it is not .
i done that too, been working with cows for two years but many years with pigs so i have delivered many piglets and that is done by sort of the same procedure .

it is just a part of how meat gets produced. and its how we make food appear on the table.
nothing much to think about once you done it a couple of times.

RedSquirrel
September 3rd, 2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks for not leaving us in suspense. :P

I changed the faucet aerator on the bathroom water faucet. The water still comes out when I turn the tap, so I guess I put it on correctly.

ed5000
September 3rd, 2009, 03:06 AM
I relocated the batteries of my solar system to the garage. It's the first time my wireless router has been powered down since winter.

Ubuntu netbook remix on an Asus eee pc 900a, 1g ram, 4g ssd (huge!)

stuart.reinke
September 3rd, 2009, 03:12 AM
it is just a part of how meat gets produced. and its how we make food appear on the table.

+1

It's all quite interesting once you get past the "gross"ness of it :D

venator260
September 3rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
Moved furniture for a closing furniture store.

Ate chicken wings.

cmay
September 3rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
+1

It's all quite interesting once you get past the "gross"ness of it :D
yeah . above all its great working with animals. and not two days are the same . hardly ever boring either. :)

steveneddy
September 3rd, 2009, 06:01 AM
I'm flattered:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1256489

pwnst*r
September 3rd, 2009, 06:05 AM
did volunteer work at a local school.

Rainstride
September 3rd, 2009, 06:50 AM
actually if you live and work in a place like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farm it is not .
i done that too, been working with cows for two years but many years with pigs so i have delivered many piglets and that is done by sort of the same procedure .

I know, iv spent some time around cows before. I was even thinking about geting one or two once I have my own place and some land. but that still doesn't mean I want to be shoulder deep in one:D.

sanderella
September 3rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Today I made Quince Jelly.:KS

zeroseven0183
September 4th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I took a bath

steveneddy
September 5th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I took a bath

And the rest of us collectively say, "Thank You."

nothingspecial
September 5th, 2009, 10:20 PM

I don`t do any tech things.

I don`t know how.

Or care.

yabbadabbadont
September 6th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Drove 130 miles (round trip) to visit with family in from out of state.

running_rabbit07
September 6th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Turned system off, grabbed a beer, and watched a movie with the family. Oh, and I wen to school today.

ahamm
September 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I actually go to school and LEARN stuff....

:KSwhen im not thinking about what im going to do on my laptop...:KS

yabbadabbadont
September 6th, 2009, 07:40 AM
:KSwhen im not thinking about what im going to do on my laptop...:KS

So many one liners... so many chances to receive an infraction for them. :D

zman58
September 14th, 2009, 03:08 AM
hmmm... I didn't do a whole lot today. sleep till noon waiting on a phone call about a job I applied for. then worked on a drawing of my dog (she died:() that I have been meaning to work on for a month or two(pics below). then just hung out listened to my podcasts/music for a while.

Great job on the sketches Rainstride.

MikeTheC
September 14th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I studied from my Economics textbook today.

I also drank a Boddington's.

And I went out for dinner.

Wow, *3* whole things that didn't involve computers and technology!

marchwarden
September 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Yesterday, I danced the can-can in Glasgow Green.

lisati
September 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cooked dinner, watched a bit of 60 Minutes on TV.

Irihapeti
September 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Used some of the equipment in the gym in my apartment building.

Oh, wait: it's got all those buttons you can push and they go beep. So I suppose it's not non-tech after all.

I went for a walk to the library, returned some books and borrowed some others, and did some reading. I think that's non-tech.

LookTJ
September 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Cooked dinner, watched a bit of 60 Minutes on TV.
But TV is considered a tech thing :P

Joke

Blacklightbulb
September 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I ate and I slept :)