PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Font Unreadable-SQUARES

junksortie
August 30th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Hi, I just tried an update and after the update; all fonts have changed to squares,

please help!

junksortie
August 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I updated my installation from the net, through the Update-manager. And after the update, all the fonts of Ubuntu have turned into square's. I am not able to read/ understand anything.

Also the bug reporting applicatio is coming online but, since i am unable to really read anything, its of no help.

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!

I found a archived, thread, tried all lthat they've done but no results, its all still SQUARED ;-)

SOS...SOS....SOS

eauxnguyen
September 21st, 2009, 02:45 AM
I am encountering this on a clean install of 9.04 on a Thinkpad x30. The black squares occur gradually over 10-20 minutes of use. Thus far I have tried:
Modifying the Device Adaptor section of xorg.conf with no change.
Reinstalled the compiz plugins no improvement.
Cleared the fnt cache.
Just tried installing the KDE compiz tools since I had previously installed Amarok. I've used amarok back to 6.04 or so without issue. If I find a solution I will post it back here.

EddyMac
September 23rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
I am encountering this on a clean install of 9.04 on a Thinkpad x30. The black squares occur gradually over 10-20 minutes of use.

I had similar problems on my Thinkpad R31. It appears to be a reported bug - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/304514?comments=all. It seems that the only solution is to wait for the birth of the Koala.

junksortie
November 12th, 2009, 08:31 PM
most of the times .. an update resolves the isssue....