PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Show all windows from all views in bottom panel/taskbar

decaprime
August 30th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I know you can use ctrl+alt+tab to tab through windows across different views but I'm wondering if there is something similar for the taskbar such that if you click on a window thats not in the current view it switches to the appropriate view and focuses that window.

Thanks

tgeer43
August 30th, 2009, 04:47 AM
That's exactly what does happen when you click on a window in the panel so not sure what you're asking here.

tgeer

decaprime
August 30th, 2009, 04:51 AM
Uh, I think you might misunderstand. My bar only shows the windows that are in the current view. Instead I'd like it to show windows in all views. Sort of how spaces and the dock work in OSX if you're familiar with that but I'm not looking for a dock, I like the bar as it is now.

tgeer43
August 30th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Oh, OK - I wasn't getting what you meant by 'all views' but apparently you mean 'on all desktops'.

This is an easy one. The portion of the panel that shows the open windows is called a window list and this is an applet just like everything else in the panel.

Have at least one window showing in the panel. Now look just to the left of the window and you should see two faint vertical dotted lines. Right-click on the vertical lines and choose 'Properties' to bring up the Windows List preferences dialog. Select the second option, 'Show windows from all workspaces.'

That should get you what you want.

tgeer