PDA

View Full Version : TF2 has some of the worst players now

PurposeOfReason
August 29th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I really don't know when this happened. I went back to one of my favorite servers, I left because there were a few new players that were rather annoying and I was just going to wait it out.

So here I am on Dustbowl, attacking, playing as a medic. I'm really just focusing on one soldier because nobody else seemed to get that sentries kill you. Well we get to the final map just fine and then he goes AFK. I keep plugging away, getting ubers ready trying to take the last point but everybody is so focused on living they're all hanging out near the bridge trying not to die thinking maybe they could kill everyone. We had 12 minutes, now we're down to two.

I don't have a headset so this might be part of my fault because I don't know if people really read the chat but I tell the team I'll go as soldier and take out all they have. First run, I get a dispenser and a few dudes, we have 30 seconds. Now at this point, most teams just charge and pray to the heavens, I thought that's what we were going to do. I go in and kill everything. Two sentries, a dispenser, and around 4 dudes thanks to some lucky timed crit rockets. Of course they have 11 players so somebody did eventually kill me but I'm confident we've won. Nope, my entire team, every last guy, did not charge.

WTF? When did stuff like this start to happen? The entire opposing team was laughing at me because my "inspirational run" couldn't get anyone going. I remember why I left that server.

Sealbhach
August 29th, 2009, 11:40 PM
You describe it so well I almost feel like I was there.

Eviltechie
August 30th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Playing on alltalk servers are usually more fun. I usually play on a server with friendly fire. The people too stupid to play right usually don't say long.

RATM_Owns
August 30th, 2009, 02:52 AM
The server I usually play on (a cp_orange_x3 server) is pretty good, because the members of the team who own it play a lot and they're good.

There's just some annoying noobs sometimes who think that they can kill everyone with scout and FaN.
But I know some things about the map most people don't (jumping into the other team's spawn without help :D).

Matches are pretty long there, too. A normal match is 30min, up to maybe 1hr 20min.

PurposeOfReason
August 30th, 2009, 03:17 AM
Real scouts use the normal scattergun. Shoot while running away and you can take anything but a soldier, skilled demo or heavy.