PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Installing Ubuntu Studio 9.04 over Ubuntu 9.04

gurudev1000
August 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hi,
This is a bit confusing for me... I already have Ubuntu Jaunty installed, and recently downloaded Studio without knowing it is simply the complete OS with all the added features. Now, how do I install the added features without having to do a clean install?
When I pop in the DVD, the option comes up to UPGRADE, and when I select it, it mentions no upgrades are necessary, or something like that.
When I select the option for the package manager, the Synaptic opens up, and I am at a loss for what needs to be selected.
Please help!!

gurudev1000
August 30th, 2009, 02:30 AM
No help yet, so I was Googling more help, and this command helps for downloading the additional packages for Studio onto the latest normal Ubuntu.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video linux-rtI need something similar to this, but that will take the packages from the DVD and install, rather than download around 600 MB of extra stuff from the internet and install. I mean, I already have them on the DVD, why spend the extra time with the downloads?

Please, I need a solution.

NovoW5
September 21st, 2009, 11:57 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=682337

im going to try it the same way these guys did it

NovoW5
September 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
it worked!

hansdown
September 22nd, 2009, 01:06 AM
Hi gurudev1000.

I added the ubuntu studio programs with synaptic recently.

Works great.