PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Need help please

xdweaver
August 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM
HELP.. i installed ubuntu studio 9.04. Everything went well but when i tried To enable the Medibuntu repository i keep getting this error.

sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install medibuntu-keyring && sudo aptitude update
E: Type '[...]' is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
E: The list of sources could not be read.
E: Couldn't read list of package sources

Any help to a newbe would be great. thank you

Moop
August 29th, 2009, 06:50 PM
That command is just trying to add the keyring for medibuntu. Did you add the repository to your sources list first?

I always use the command that's listed first under adding the repositories on the medibuntu site. It adds the repository to sources, installs the keyring and updates, all in one command.

linux_tech
August 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
For 9.04, this may help-

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/jaunty.list --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get update

xdweaver
August 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Thank you for the help and your time. I am wondering if you could show me how that command that you use... lol I am thinking i bit a little more than i can chew.. Guess this is a good way to learn.

Moop
August 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Click on Applications, then Accessories and choose terminal. You can copy and paste the commands into terminal, one command at a time.