PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] misterious Data loss

rathin2j
August 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM
hi every one,
i m a newbee to linux.i previously used fedora 10 in dual boot with XP.but after problem in XP i had to format my whole disk,so after that i thought to try UBUNTU 9.04,so at present i m using ubuntu 9.04 since july. uptill last two week every thing was fine.but since two week i m having an strainge problem that my data gets vanished!!! yes,u heard it right :).
let me give u example to make things clear.see one day i downloaded one PDF file,i vewed-every thing was fine,my work was over so i closed the document and then shut downed my PC.after 10 min(only) i remembered to show that doc to my dad so i restarted my PC and that time the doc was not there ??!!!! how could that be?

one another case,i was having a folder containing photos,in my linux partition,i transfered it to my another NTFS partition so that i can see it through XP,i checked it(in linux) every thing was O.K. now i wanted to see that photos in XP so i started XP.in that when i opened the directory containing that folder-that folder hanged my whole PC !! i was unable to do anything, so i restarted and when i looked that whole folder got vanished!!!

so this is my story:( i dont know what happens but its becoming a serious problem to me.i recently had to download one document for 3 times!!! so plese tell me if u know the cause and the REMEDY.... thank u very much.....