PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome Do problems?

Paperfairy
August 28th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hi,

I have installed Gnome-Do and have been using it for a while now. Suddenly, however, it refuses to boot on startup, which causes problems. Any ideas? I have removed it and readded it to the list of startup programs on multiple occasions.

Also, because there is no notification-area docklet for Docky, is there a desktop widget that I can use so that I can stop using AWN in favor of Docky?

Thanks~!

Paperfairy
August 30th, 2009, 07:42 PM
bump?

Paperfairy
September 1st, 2009, 01:08 AM
bump for great justice!

Paperfairy
September 8th, 2009, 02:34 AM
bump for great justice!

bump.

theZoid
September 8th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Hi,

I have installed Gnome-Do and have been using it for a while now. Suddenly, however, it refuses to boot on startup, which causes problems. Any ideas? I have removed it and readded it to the list of startup programs on multiple occasions.

Also, because there is no notification-area docklet for Docky, is there a desktop widget that I can use so that I can stop using AWN in favor of Docky?

Thanks~!

Not that I know of...I use gnome-do docky only as an app launching and window switcher....I keep a top panel with the notification area.

Nate8nate
September 9th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I've been having the same problem. I seems to be related to Compiz. To open it I have to spam the summon command.

earthpigg
September 9th, 2009, 01:53 AM
gnome-do with the docky theme enabled requires a compositing-enabled window manager.

compiz is this by default. so, if compiz is already up and running then gnome-do with docky will work with no problems.

by default, metacity does not do compositing.

by default, metacity is the window manager of Ubuntu.

metacity can do compositing, but it is a bit of a pain:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/395641

misfitpierce
September 9th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Check google for screenlets or google gadgets repository of gadgets for system tray thing for desktop widget... I think google gadgets may have one. As for Gnome-Do... Maybe get newest version and uninstall old version then reinstall it regardless of if you got newest version or not and hit properties in Gnome-Do and hit start gnome-do at startup through there instead of manually adding it... Then restart and see how it works out.