PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] error on ubuntu install help plis

Muff
August 28th, 2009, 09:48 PM
hey i started installing ubuntu from a cd image inside windows and when it was installing it gave an error ocurred telling me witritines() argument must be a sequence of strings and just cancel the entire install progress and then i tried installing it via safe mode whit command prompt and when i started it did it and i rebooted then when the SO selections comes i choosed ubuntu and then is just stay on the loading screen telling me write help for series of command to help u and if u write it it write but the loading ubuntu, please wait message stay forever i left over night and nothing, can somebody help me plis

stlsaint
August 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
ok so you tried a wubit install and it worked via command line...now when you reboot you should be booting windows and checking ubuntu from there...can you still get into your windows OS? if so can you see ubuntu from there?

Muff
August 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
yes i can acces my windows OS but the only thing i see is the ubuntu carpet installed in the C:/ partition (i have to partition C: and D:) but still i cant acces anything of ubuntu the only things that loaded is what i say before when i reboot it show the ubuntu image whit the litle things going from right to left the ( the things when the os is loading) and then is just stay on the black screen whit the message loading ubuntu,pleas wait..... for hours and hours and yet i can still write commands that dont do nothing so it is not freezed up

stlsaint
August 28th, 2009, 10:43 PM
i dont want to give you alot of nonsense about wubi as i have never installed it before but for now you should try re-installing it and see if an error come up

Muff
August 28th, 2009, 10:45 PM
yes it still come up u want me to post it ? i had po0sted before but no one has answer