PDA

View Full Version : LA coroner rules Jackson death a homicide

HappinessNow
August 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE57R4EY20090828

SunnyRabbiera
August 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM
How do they come up with that one, seriously?

LowSky
August 28th, 2009, 08:14 PM
The doctor gave him too many drugs, doctors are responsile for what they give patients

supposedly Jackson is still alive...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin though /blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=46336

LOL

dragos240
August 28th, 2009, 08:22 PM
The doctor gave him too many drugs, doctors are responsile for what they give patients

supposedly Jackson is still alive...
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin though /blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=46336 (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin%20though%20/blogs/abraham/detail?blogid=95&entry_id=46336)

LOL

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here, huge success.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 08:30 PM
This was a triumph.

Wait... are you saying it's good that Jackson is dead or "still alive"?

dragos240
August 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM

Portal Reference. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI)

sydbat
August 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Still...who cares?

schauerlich
August 28th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Portal Reference.

No, I got that. But it was out of context and I didn't get what you were referring to. Still don't.

dragos240
August 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
No, I got that. But it was out of context and I didn't get what you were referring to. Still don't.

The song 'still alive' is in the game Portal. He said that apperently jackson was 'still alive'. That is all.

gnomeuser
August 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM

we won't know till we open the box, and yet opening the box will affect the outcome.. quantum mechanics is a bitch that way.

Tibuda
August 28th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Elvis is still alive too.

hanzomon4
August 28th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Murder... Naw, I love MJ but he did it to himself. This was malpractice on the doctors part but I don't see him as the "trigger man". MJ had a hard life apparently didn't handle to well and he died needlessly. It's tragedy, even more so if someone is arrested for murder.. that would raise it to "wtf.. really?" status.

gn2
August 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Fail to see how a judge can decide a homicide has been commited prior to a trial taking place....?

hanzomon4
August 28th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Fail to see how a judge can decide a homicide has been commited prior to a trial taking place....?

No, autopsy.. cause of death

matthewbpt
August 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM

A judge hasn't decided anything, it's the coroners who have pronounced his death to be a homicide. The trial would probably end up convicting the doctor for manslaughter due to malpractice, as it probably wasn't a murder (not the same as homicide).

fela
August 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Who cares, he died, or he DIED? Not a whole lot of difference there ;)

dragos240
August 29th, 2009, 12:55 AM

Plus one.

matthewbpt
August 29th, 2009, 12:59 AM

I disagree, it does make a difference. The doctor obviously didn't know what he was doing, and he should have his medical license taken away at least, so he doesn't do the same to someone else.

fela
August 29th, 2009, 12:59 AM
This was a triumph.

We were going to have a party, and we invited all your friends. We invited your faithful companion cube, but he couldn't come because you killed him. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends.

*Deploying surprise in 5, 4, 3, 2*

Wait, that wasn't meant to happen. Stop it, what are you doing?

*Time passes*

I know what that thing that you incinerated did now, they installed it when I flooded the laboratories with neurotoxin to stop me flooding the laboratories with neurotoxin. Now you have destroyed it and I will flood the laboratories with neuro toxin!

*Music starts*

Now, time for YOUR post.

:lolflag:

jquill
August 29th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I hope he is still alive, that way we get to see him die more than once.

=D>

fela
August 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM

=D>

+1. He was an *** anyway, the way he treated himself he couldn't have expected to live any longer.

dragos240
August 29th, 2009, 01:16 AM
We were going to have a party, and we invited all your friends. We invited your faithful companion cube, but he couldn't come because you killed him. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends.

*Deploying surprise in 5, 4, 3, 2*

Wait, that wasn't meant to happen. Stop it, what are you doing?

*Time passes*

I know what that thing that you incinerated did now, they installed it when I flooded the laboratories with neurotoxin to stop me flooding the laboratories with neurotoxin. Now you have destroyed it and I will flood the laboratories with neuro toxin!

*Music starts*

Now, time for YOUR post.

:lolflag:

Ah! It's so inaccurate!
There was even going to be a party for you, a big party, that all your friends were invited to. I invited your best-friend the companion cube. Of course he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends, because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here on your personal file. Unlikable, liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loaner who's passing shall not be mourned. SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says.

Deploying surprise in 5.. 4... *static* Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen.

You are kidding me. Did you just stuff that aperture science thing we-don't-know-what-it-does into an aperture science emergency intelligence incinerator? That has got to be the dumbest thing that.... whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaa. *static laugh* good news, I figured out what that thing you just incinerated did. It was a morality core they installed after I flooded the enrichment center with a deadly neurotoxin to make me stop flooding the enrichment center with a deadly neurotoxin. So get comfortable, while I warm up the neurotoxin emmiters.

hanzomon4
August 29th, 2009, 02:53 AM

=D>

+1. He was an *** anyway, the way he treated himself he couldn't have expected to live any longer.

Wow the lack of humanity here is horrifying... but I've come to expect it from the super superior techno crowd. Wanna catch a witch burning later tonight? :popcorn:

Greg
August 29th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Wow the lack of humanity here is horrifying... but I've come to expect it from the super superior techno crowd. Wanna catch a witch burning later tonight? :popcorn:

Are you sad when a child rapist dies? Whether he was or wasn't is a moot point here, if you believe that he was a child rapist, then it's easy to think that he got what he deserved- especially considering that chances are the doctor was there simply to get paid, shut up, and feed his addiction.

hanzomon4
August 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Are you sad when a child rapist dies? Whether he was or wasn't is a moot point here, if you believe that he was a child rapist, then it's easy to think that he got what he deserved- especially considering that chances are the doctor was there simply to get paid, shut up, and feed his addiction.

Setting aside that there was overwhelming evidence that he was not a child rapist and was found not guilty by a jury. I'm very uncomfortable with taking glee in anyones death just because they have been labeled as evil. I've seen what happens when we do that and it's always ugly. Straight inc, AARC, The Roloff Homes, Abu Ghraib...

Labeling someone a witch just because their accused of something always leads to injustice and only turns the moral drum beaters into a joke.

gn2
August 29th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Michael Jackson freely admitted sleeping in the same bed as teenage boys and giving them alcohol before doing so.
Not exactly behaviour that most of society would find acceptable.

TheNosh
August 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I'm very uncomfortable with taking glee in anyones death just because they have been labeled as evil.

agreed

Michael Jackson freely admitted sleeping in the same bed as teenage boys and giving them alcohol before doing so.
Not exactly behaviour that most of society would find acceptable.

so we should be happy that someone died? thats sick. i'll understand not mourning his death. i personally don't consider it much of a loss and i'll admit i did not like the man. this does not make it fine to take joy in another's death, he was still a human being.

HappinessNow
August 29th, 2009, 09:29 AM
so we should be happy that someone died? thats sick. i'll understand not mourning his death. i personally don't consider it much of a loss and i'll admit i did not like the man. this does not make it fine to take joy in another's death, he was still a human being.Also:

...beyond the new evidence that he did not just die he was murdered.

Interesting that Google is paying homage to Michael with it's current logo: http://www.google.com/logos/michaeljackson09.gif

gn2
August 29th, 2009, 09:40 AM
so we should be happy that someone died? thats sick.

It's what keeps the death penalty alive in many countries.

gnomeuser
August 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM

Yes.. I am sad that we were unable to study that behavior and find the common warning signs so that we might catch others before they commit such horrible crimes and offer them effective treatment. Hopefully by identifying the warning signs and give them safe outlets and prevention for those behaviors.

Society' way of dealing with criminals should never be driven by personal vengeance. Personal vengeance is a perfectly understandable desire from the victims loved ones, however we do not solely serve them, we also serve the parents of child rape victims to come. We should aim for prevention of the criminal to commit further crimes and letting the tragedy aid in prevention of future crimes by others.

So yes, I would be sadden by the untimely death of a child rapist.

TheNosh
August 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
It's what keeps the death penalty alive in many countries.

i'd argue that the death penalty is not a good thing myself.

furthermore death of someone to bring pleasure to the masses (death penalty because the individuals death will make people happy) is certainly wrong and in many cases does not line up with whether a person deserves death.

gn2
August 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
i'd argue that the death penalty is not a good thing myself.

I would agree with you 100%.

TheNosh
August 29th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I would agree with you 100%.

oh, cool. i wasn't able to tell by your earlier post if you meant keeping the death penalty alive as a bad thing or not.

bapoumba
August 29th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Please be aware this thread is getting close to the limit we accept for UF :)

Giant Speck
August 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Please be aware this thread is getting close to the limit we accept for UF :)

Oh, the thread was past that limit when it was created. This is hardly a light-hearted and enjoyable discussion.

bapoumba
August 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Oh, the thread was past that limit when it was created. This is hardly a light-hearted and enjoyable discussion.

Yeah, I've asked for a review (we do not always close the threads we review).

bodyharvester
August 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM

i disagree with the first sentence but i agree wholeheartedly with your second sentence.

this thread was about the circumstances of the death, its now more about his past "crimes" of which he was not convicted.

Elfy
August 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
closed at OP request