PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [HELP]How to install ubuntu on XP without admin rights and without boot rights.

maxidf1
August 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hi All,

The computer that I am talking, is my work computer..
The problem is the next:
I wanted to install ubuntu on my computer, but the problem was that the boot menu was admin password protected,
so I think that it could be posible to install thought using wubi.. In anser of that, I remembered that I havent admin rights, So I cant install wubi too...

The main question is.. do you know some posible method to install ubuntu on my work computer? Remember before anser that, that I havent admin rights on the computer, and I cant boot directly from an usb, because Usb Boot is password protected, I tried with a Cd, and the problem is the same.

Lots of thanks anyway...
Any help will be more appreciated.
;)
Maxi

stlsaint
August 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
looks like you need to get in good with your admin team!! honestly, i work on computers as a admin and if they have it protected like that than your not about to be able to do anything to it...hint all the password protection. Also if you manage to get it on there somehow they prolly have scans done weekly like we do to look for unauthorized software.

snowpine
August 28th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Trying to get fired? There are easier ways. :)

presence1960
August 29th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Hi All,

The computer that I am talking, is my work computer..
The problem is the next:
I wanted to install ubuntu on my computer, but the problem was that the boot menu was admin password protected,
so I think that it could be posible to install thought using wubi.. In anser of that, I remembered that I havent admin rights, So I cant install wubi too...

The main question is.. do you know some posible method to install ubuntu on my work computer? Remember before anser that, that I havent admin rights on the computer, and I cant boot directly from an usb, because Usb Boot is password protected, I tried with a Cd, and the problem is the same.

Lots of thanks anyway...
Any help will be more appreciated.
;)
Maxi

Hello??? This is exactly why the administrator rights are locked on a work network. It is not your computer to mess with and you will probably be fired if found out that you did it- that is if you can find a way to do it. if you want Ubuntu put it on a machine that is yours.

maxidf1
August 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM
Trying to get fired? There are easier ways. :)

Jajaja don't take care about that.. The only problem is that if I request to the service desk team that they install ubuntu on my computers..
I will have only single user permissions, working as a developer is annoying to work as a simple user.
For example if I want to restart mysql service I need admin rights, or if I need to restar my tomcat or apache server I also need admin rights.
Many of my friends installed ubuntu without problems, but their computers are older than mine. And my new computer has boot password for usb and cd rom devices.
Not all security policies are good. Obviusly the admin area want to take all under control.

I hate windows..!!!! But linux without rights for my job is difficult to use. May be I will plant a bomb on service desk area :P jaja.

I could try to get installed ubuntu throught service desk and then try to boot with quietsplah to change root password ;) but if they lock the grub, is imposible too..

I don't know if is another posibility for that.

Thanks anyway, Cheers,
Max.