PDA

View Full Version : new to unbuntu

dude of wonders
February 3rd, 2006, 04:36 PM
been asking alot of questions, but now i got the worst down after all installations and figuring it out. havent messed to much with the terminal, i'll figure it out down the road.;) but had to say thanks for all the help, and wanted to say i like ubuntu, nicer look and feel than windows. hopefully the community grows and it gets more support from the big company's that seems to be the only problems, that people run into, but you guy's seem to be covering that with d/l's and stuff.:-D

(edited: the ubuntu in the paragraph but dont know how to change the titles lol my bad)

xequence
February 3rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Welcome =)

And about the terminal, it is really easy for basic things. Trust me on that one :P

imagine
February 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM
Nice to read that.

However one more thing: The distribution is called Ubuntu not Unbuntu : )

Brunellus
February 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Nice to read that.

However one more thing: The distribution is called Ubuntu not Unbuntu : )
Newspeak?

UN-buntu: behaviour which is not in keeping with Ubuntu

weasel fierce
February 3rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
The ubuntu help forums here are one of the biggest reasons to use Ubuntu, I feel. They're just amazing.

GeneralZod
February 3rd, 2006, 07:33 PM
Newspeak?

UN-buntu: behaviour which is not in keeping with Ubuntu

Double-plus-buntu post, brother.

eriqk
February 3rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
Newspeak?

UN-buntu: behaviour which is not in keeping with UbuntuDouble-plus-buntu post, brother.

There is no behaviour which is not in keeping with Ubuntu.
There never has been behaviour which is not in keeping with Ubuntu.

Groet, Erik (min. o. Truth)

poofyhairguy
February 3rd, 2006, 10:07 PM
Welcome.

TechSonic
February 3rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Welcome slave. Now fork over your system resources to my project to take over the world. I need a network of computers to compile data.

Brunellus
February 3rd, 2006, 10:30 PM
Welcome slave. Now fork over your system resources to my project to take over the world. I need a network of computers to compile data.
...who let the Gentoo guy in?

chimera
February 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
...who let the Gentoo guy in?
:mrgreen:
x2