PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Ubuntu from Pen Drive

krashok1990
August 28th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I searched for internet for installing ubuntu using pen drive and i find lots of results and i can't understand those,,,, even those in ubuntu official website..... i am using windows xp,,,,,, and my DVD burner is having problems so, i can't load CD/DVD........ the only way i can install ubuntu is by pen drive..... i am haivng 4 gb pen drive and i downloaded latest version of ubuntu from ubuntu.com,,,,,,, can anyone please explanin me to install ubuntu from pen drive, in simple manner,,,,,,,,,

and also,,,,,,, i like to know it is possible to install ubuntu from pen drive,,,,,,,

dumblebee100
August 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Since you want to install Ubuntu from pendrive ..so you have to make a ubuntu boot drive or something like that ..

since u have windows in your system right now ..download the windows version ....
install it ..

then point out to your ubuntu.iso and make a bootable drive with the software and target it to your pendrive .

just follow this site
http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

I did the same way ..but I did it from the Ubuntu live CD .I made ubuntu bootable drive and installed from it ..it was pretty fast than CD install ...